747 - 4472 | Fax: (508) 759 - 2317
1. Valeri CR: In vivo and in vitro evaluation of thawed, deglycerolized erythrocytes. In Proc of the National Academy of Sciences - National Research Council Conference on Long-Term Preservation of Red Blood Cells, 1965, pp 27-47.
2. Valeri CR, Brodine CE, Moss GS: Use of frozen blood in Vietnam. In Proc XIth Congr Int Soc Blood Transf, Sydney Australia, 1966, Blood Transfusion 02:6, 1-4, Karger, Basel.
3. Valeri CR: Red cell preservation by freezing. In John A Hartford Foundation Conference on Blood and Blood Transfusion, 1967, Vol 2, pp 91-101.
4. Valeri CR: Comparative evaluation of freezing techniques. In Proc Int Working Conference on the Freeze-Preservation of Blood, November 28-December 1, 1967, ONR Report DR-143, pp 125-130.
5. Valeri CR, Brodine CE, Moss GS: Use of frozen blood in Vietnam. In Proc XIth Congr Int Soc Blood Transf, Sydney, 1966, Bibl Haemat 29:735-738, 1968.1970 - 1979
6. Valeri CR, Fortier NL: Red cell 2,3 DPG, ATP, and creatine levels in preserved red cells and in patients with red cell mass deficits or with cardiopulmonary insufficiency. In Proc First Int Conf on Red Cell Metabolism and Function, October 1-3, 1969, Adv Exp Med Biol, 1970, pp 289-303.
7. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Fortier NL: Peripheral red cells as a functional biopsy to determine tissue oxygen tension. In Proc IV Annual Alfred Benzon Symposium, Munksgaard, Copenhagen, 1971, pp 650-675.
8. Valeri CR, Runck AH, Brodine CE: Current status of freeze-preservation of human red blood cells with glycerol. In Proc XII Congr Int Soc Blood Transf, Moscow USSR, August 17-23, 1969, Bibl Haemat 38:249-261, Karger Basel, 1971.
9. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR, Emerson CP: Effect of chromium elution on red cell survival measurements. In Proc XII Congr Int Soc Blood Transf, Moscow, USSR, August 17-23, 1969, Bibl Haemat 38:268-269, Karger, Basel, 1971.
10. Valeri CR: Recent advances in the preservation of human red cells by glycerol freezing technics. In Proc Int Symp on Modern Problems of Blood Preservation, March, 1969, Frankfurt, Germany, G Fischer, Verlag, Stuttgart, 1970, pp 125-137.
11. Runck AH, Valeri CR: Measurement of the rate of red cell oxygenation and deoxygenation in the Technicon AutoAnalyzer. In Proc Technicon International Congress, New York, NY, 1970, pp 477-479.
12. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Rogers JC, Handin RI, Marchionni LD: Use of prostaglandins in the preparation of blood components. In Prostaglandins in Cellular Biology, Ed PW Ramwell and BB Pharriss, Plenum Press, New York, 1972, pp 5-25.
13. Valeri CR, Kopriva CJ: Oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve in hemorrhagic and septic shock. In The Fundamental Mechanisms of Shock, Ed LB Hinshaw and BG Cox, Plenum Press, New York, 1972, pp 177-193.
14. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG: Cryopreservation and red cell function. In Progress in Transfusion and Transplantation, Ed PJ Schmidt, 1972, pp 343-365.
15. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG: Rejuvenation and freezing of outdated human red cells. In Hemoglobin and Red Cell Structure and Function, Ed GJ Brewer, Plenum Press, New York, 1972, pp 457-477.
16. Valeri CR: Priniciples of cryobiology - high glycerol and storage at -80 C and low glycerol and storage at -150 C. In Red Cell Freezing, A Technical Workshop, American Association of Blood Banks, November 11, 1973, pp 1-30.
17. Valeri CR: Overview of red cell preservation and survival. In Proc Conference on Red Cell Preservation. National Research Council - National Academy of Sciences Division of Medical Sciences, June 5-6, 1972, Washington, DC, pp 181-183.
18. Valeri CR: Viability, function, and rejuvenation of previously frozen washed red cells. In Proc Conference on Red Cell Preservation, National Research Council - National Academy of Sciences Division of Medical Sciences, Washington, DC, June 5-6, 1972, pp 265-297.
19. Valeri CR: The physiological role of red cell 2,3 DPG in oxygen transport. In Proc VIIth Int Berlin Symposium on Structure and Function of Erythrocytes, 22-25 August, 1973, Berlin, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin (DDR), pp 297-307.
20. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Marchionni LD, Rogers JC. Hemostatic effectivness of preserved human platelets. In Erythrocytes, Thrombocytes and Leukocytes, Ed E Gerlach, K Moser, E Deutsch, W Wilmanns, George Thieme, Stuttgart, 1973, pp 312-316.
21. Valeri CR: Preservation of red cells: Research and technology. In Proc Int Coll Surg Meeting, 18th World Congress, May 1972, Rome, Italy, Excerpta Medica, 1973, pp 540-542.
22. Valeri CR: Clinical importance of the Oxygen transport function of preserved red cells. In Proc Symposium on the Preservation of the Oxygen Capacity of Red Cells and the Clinical Applications of it, Creteil, France, November 29, 1973.
23. Valeri CR: In vivo p50 determinations and oxygen transport function of preserved red cells. In Proc IL Symposium: The Regulation of Hemoglobin - Oxygen Affinity, January 24, 1973.
24. Valeri CR: Quality of red cell transfusions. In Proc Symposium on Frozen Blood and Its Clinical Application, University Institute for Immunohematology, Frankfurt, Germany, November 27, 1973, Tiefkuhlkonservierung von Erythrozyten Eregbnisse eines Symposiums, pp 7-18.
25. Valeri CR: A simple method to wash freeze-preserved red cells containing 40% or 20% W/V glycerol using sodium chloride solutions. In Proc Symposium on Frozen Blood and Its Clinical Application, University Institute for Immunohematology, Frankfurt, Germany, November 27, 1973, Tiefkuhlkonservierung von Erythrozyten Eregbnisse eines Symposiums, pp 19-34.
26. Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of red cells - freeze-preservation of non-rejuvenated red cells, indated-rejuvenated red cells, and outdated-rejuvenated red cells. In Proc of the Australian Society of Blood Transfusion Symposium, Canberra, September 30, 1974, pp 58-90.
27. Valeri CR: Therapeutic effectiveness of human platelets freeze-preserved with dimethylsulfoxide at -80 C. In Platelet Preservation and Transfusion, Ed CF Hogman, HW Krijnen, and CR Valeri, 1974, pp 41-50.
28. Valeri CR: Metabolic regeneration of depleted erythrocytes and their frozen storage. In The Human Red Cell In Vitro, Ed TJ Greenwalt and GA Jamieson, Grune & Stratton, New York, 1974, pp 281-321.
29. Valeri CR: Oxygen transport function of preserved red cells. In Clinics in Haematology, Anaemia and Hypoxia, ED L Garby, Vol 3, No 3, October 1974, pp 649-688.
30. Valeri CR: Preservation (XI). In The Red Blood Cell, 2nd Ed, 1974, pp 511-574.
31. Valeri CR, Feingold H. Hemostatic effectiveness of liquid-preserved platelets stored at 4 C or 22 C and freeze-preserved platelets stored with 5 percent DMSO at -150 C or stored with 6 percent DMSO at -80 C. In Platelets: Production, Function, Transfusion and Storage, Ed MG Baldini and S Ebbe, Grune & Stratton, New York, 1974, pp 377-393.
32. Valeri CR: Use of blood components in the treatment of hemorrhagic shock. In Acute Fluid Replacement in the Therapy of Shock, Ed Malinin et al, Stratton Intercontinental Medical Book Corp, New York, 1974, pp 119-137.
33. Herman CM, Kingsley JR, Valeri CR, Peters H, Cole BC, Fouty WJ: Autotransfusion for treatment of experimental hemorrhagic shock. In Acute Fluid Replacement in the Therapy of Shock, Ed Malinin et al, Stratton Intercontinental Medical Book Corp, New York, 1974, pp 111-117.
34. Valeri CR: Drugs, hormones and the red cell (XXXI). In The Red Blood Cell, 2nd Ed, 1975, pp 1303-1338.
35. Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of red cells: Achievements and prospective. In Proc Congress of Refrigeration, 20-30 September 1975, Moscow, USSR.
36. Valeri CR: Transfusions: The Blood Groups, 4-48; Hemoglobin, 4-41; Hemolysis and Suspension Stability of the Blood, 4-57. In Physiological Basis of Medical Practice, Best & Taylor, 9th Ed, Ed JR Brobeck, 1973; Chapters 4, 5, and 6, 10th Ed, 1976.
37. Valeri CR: Cryobiology overview of red cell preservation: Achievements and prospective. In Clincal Uses of Frozen-Thawed Red Blood Cells, Ed JA Griep, Alan R Liss, Inc, 1976, pp 55-87.
38. Valeri CR: Washed liquid-stored and freeze-preserved red blood cells to remove hepatitis B surface antigen. I. Posttransfusion hepatitis following transfusion of non washed and washed red blood cells. In Proc US National Committee Meeting for the International Institute of Refrigeration, Washington, DC, December 15, 1976.
39. Lang DJ, Valeri CR: Hazards of blood transfusion. Adv Pediat, Vol 24, 1977, pp 311-338.
40. Valeri CR: Biochemical modification of red blood cells prior to cryopreservation. In Clincal and Practical Aspects of the Use of Frozen Blood, A Technical Workshop, American Association of Blood Banks, Atlanta, Georgia, Novemeber 11-12, 1977.
41. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Vecchione JJ. Status report on freeze-preservation of human red blood cells: Biochemical modification prior to freeze-preservation. In Proc Progress in Blood Transfusion, Barcelona, Spain, September 30-October 1, 1977.
42. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Vecchione JJ: Status report on freezing human platelets. In Proc Progress in Blood Transfusion, Barcelona, Spain, September 30-October 1, 1977.
43. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Anastasi J, Zaroulis CG, Vecchione JJ: Status report on red blood cell freezing: Biochemical modification and freeze-preservation in the original polyvinyl chloride plastic collection bag. In Proc Advanced Component Seminar, Haemonetics Research Institute, Natick, MA October 8, 1977.
44. Valeri CR, Weisel RD, Dennis RC, Mannick JA, Berger RL, Hechtman HB: Oxygen transport function of preserved red blood cells and myocardial performance. Fourth Int Congr on Red Blood Cell Metabolism and Function. In The Red Cell, Ed GJ Brewer, Alan R Liss, Inc, New York, Vol 21, 1978, pp 597-614.
45. Hechtman HB, Manny J, Valeri CR, Shepro D: Optimization of oxygen transport in acute respiratory failure. In Proc 10th Europ Conf Microcirculation, Cagliari, Italy, 1978, Bibl Anatomica, No 18, p 165, Karger, Basel, 1979.
Arizona Cardinals Tervis Tumbler 24oz Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys Cheap. Gridiron Wrap Tumbler,Mens Seattle Seahawks Nike Navy Blue KO Wordmark Performance Hoodie,Mens San Francisco 49ers '47 Brand Charcoal Game Time Closer Flex Hat.Dallas Cowboys Springy Legs Mascot Bobblehead,Denver Broncos Bottom Only Silver Matte License Plate Frame with Mirror Letters.Men's Green Bay Packers Majestic Black Conquest Double Face Slub Long Sleeve Thermal T-Shirt,Men's Seattle Seahawks Antigua College Navy Golf Jacket.Toddler San Francisco 49ers Scarlet Team Logo Fleece Pullover Hoodie,nfl cheap wholesale jerseys mall,cheap nfl coats dealer Kansas City Chiefs 2016 Jerseys Cheap For Sale.Girls Infant Chicago Bears Pink Fan-Atic Bib, Bootie & Bodysuit Set,Women's Houston Texans Antigua Navy Blue Energize T-Shirt.Women's Buffalo Bills Pandora Unforgettable Moment Sterling Silver Charm,Men's Houston Oilers Earl Campbell Majestic Light Blue Hall of Fame Eligible Receiver II Name & Number T-Shirt Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Price.Pittsburgh Steelers Womens O.T. Queen IV Fleece V-Neck Pullover Sweatshirt - Charcoal,Men's Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer Nike Cardinal Silhouette T-Shirt,Youth Philadelphia Eagles New Era Camo On Field Sport Salute to Service Knit Hat.cheap nfl autographs galore,jerseys wholesale wholesale jerseys,cheap nfl kids indoor,Men's San Francisco 49ers New Era Scarlet NFL Sideline Visor,Women's Houston Texans Majestic Navy Win Big Full Zip Hoodie
46. Vecchione JJ, Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of human platelets isolated by intermittent flow centrifugation. In Proc Advanced Component Seminar, Haemonetics Research Institute, Natick, MA, March 27, 1979.1980 - 1989
47. Valeri CR: Status report on rejuvenation and freezing of red blood cells. In Proc XIV Natl Congr Mexican Society of Hematology, November 14, 1980.
48. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Hotte CE, Lionetti FJ, Kurtz SR, Valeri CR: Use of 111Indium-oxine to study the circulation and distribution of baboon platelets and granulocytes. In Indium-111 labeled Neutrophils, Platelets, and Lymphocytes, ML Thakur & A Gottschalk (eds), Trivirum Publishing Co, New York, pps 7-22, 1980.
49. Kinney TR, Valeri CR: The use of frozen washed red blood cells. In Transfusion Therapy: Chapter 11, the Fetus, Infant, Ed. A Cohen and W Sherwood, Am J Pediat Hematology/Oncology, 1980, pp 145-157.
50. Lionetti FJ, Hunt SM, Valeri CR: Isolation of human blood phagocytes by counterflow centrifugation elutriation. In Methods of Cell Separation, Vol 3, Ed. N Catsimpoolas, Plenum Press, New York, 1980, pp 141-156.
51. Serrallach EN, Colmer K, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Deformability of young, old, liquid-stored and modified red blood cells as measured by ektacytometry. In Proc Electro-Optics/Laser 80 Conference and Exposition, Boston, November 19-21, 1980, Industrial and Scientific Conference Management. Chicago, 1981, pp 370-379.
52. Serrallach EN, Cotner P, Emerson CP, Valeri CR: Electrophoretic light scattering of human red blood cells. In Proc Electro-Optics/Laser 80 Conference and Exposition, Boston, November 19-21, 1980, Industrial and Scientific Conference Management, Chicago, 1981, pp 380-391.
53. Bernhard WF, Khuri SF, Schoen FJ, Vecchione JJ, Barsamian EM, Poirier VL, Valeri CR: Perioperative myocardial infarction and shock: Successful management with a left ventricular assist device. In Myocardial Revascularization, Ed DT Mason, and JJ Collins, Jr, Yorke Medical Books, 1982, pp 264-299.
54. Valeri CR, Dennis RC, Melaragno AJ, Altschule MD: Resuscitation of hypothermic-hypovolemic-hypotensive baboons. In Proc Human Performance in the Cold, September 17, 1982, Fairbanks, Alaska.
55. Valeri CR: Status report on the preservation of human platelets. In Proc 25th National Convention of the Italian Society of Immunohematology, September 29-October 2, 1982, Sorrento, Italy, La T.d.S. 28:118-141, 1983.
56. Valeri CR: Blood transfusion therapy in patients with heart disease. In Transfusion for the patient with selected clinical problems, A Technical Workshop, American Association of Blood Banks, Anaheim, California, 6-7 November 1982, Chapter 3.
57. Valeri CR: Use of blood components in the management of trauma. In Proc First International Symposium on the Pathophysiology of Combined Injury and Trauma. Walker RI, Gruber DF, MacVittie TJ, and Conklin JJ (Eds). Kaman-Tempo, Santa Barbara, CA, 1984, pp 270-283.
58. Valeri CR: Making banked blood last longer. In Proc 69th Clin Congr Am Coll Surgeons, October 18, 1983, Atlanta, Georgia.
59. Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of human platelets, and bone marrow and peripheral blood totipotential mononuclear stem cells. In Proc Hematopoietic Cellular Proliferation Conference, 7 October 1983, Upton, New York, Ann NY Acad Sci 459:353-366, 1986.
60. Valeri CR: Resuscitation of hypothermia victims. In Proc Joint US/UK Maritime and Marine Combat Casualty Care Workshops. No 3 - Medical Operational Problems in a Cold Environment, Institute of Naval Medicine, Alverstoke, Gosport, England, 25-27 April 1983.
61. Valeri CR: Clinical importance of the oxygen transport function of preserved red blood cells. In Proc 12th Katzir-Katchalsky Meeting on Oxygen Transport in Red Blood Cells, 4-7 April 1984, Tours, France, Pergamon Press Ltd, Oxford, England, Ed C Nicolau, 1986.
62. Valeri CR: What's new in blood preservation? In Proc Fifteenth Annual Anesthesiology Symposium, Tidewater Chapter of the Assoc Military Surgeons of the US, Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, VA, 5-8 September 1984.
63. Valeri CR, Ellis A, Donahue K, Curran T, Pivacek L. The viability of young and old baboon red cells stored in the liquid state at 4 C. In Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Aging: The Red Cell as a Model, September 8-11, 1984, Minneapolis, MN, Alan R Liss, Inc, pp 429-440, 1985, Vol 195, Prog in Clin & Biol Res, Ed JW Eaton, DK Konzen, and JG White.
64. Connolly R, Keough EM, Callow AD, Ramberg-Laskaris K, Melaragno A, O'Donnell TF, Nicholson S, Schulz ML, Gembarowicz R, Valeri CR: Hemodynamic effects of prostacyclin (PGI_2_) in baboons. In Prostacyclin New Basic and Clinical Studies, 1984.
65. Lelcuk S, Alexander F, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB: Serotonin leads to pulmonary vaso- and bronchoconstriction by activating local reflexes. In Progress in Applied Microcirculation, S Karger AG, Basel, Vol 10 pp 44-52, 1986.
66. Martin PJ, Astley C, Giorgio A, Weiblen B, Valeri CR, Hansen JA: Observations on the in vivo fate of cells coated with murine monoclonal antibodies. In Monoclonal Antibodies and Cancer Therapy, UCLA Symposium on Molecular and Cellular Biology, New Series, Vol 27, Eds RA Reisfeld, and S Sell, Alan R Liss, Inc, New York, NY 1985.
67. Bernhard WF, Clay W, Schoen FJ, Burgeson RE, Valeri CR, Levine AH, Oslan AL, Sherman C, Burke D: Ventricular assist device: State of the art and clinical experience. In Proc First International Symposium on Artificial Heart and Assist Devices, Tokyo, Japan, 8/1/85, Springer-Verlag, 1986, pps 129-137.
68. Valeri CR: Respiratory function of blood. In Current Reviews in Respiratory Therapy, Lesson 7, Vol 8, pp 51-55, 1985.
69. Valeri CR: Cryobiology of the Formed Elements of Human Blood. In Blood Transfusion: Methods in Hematology, Ed TJ Greenwalt, Churchill, Livingstone, Edinburgh, UK, Vol 17, pps 277-304, 1988.
70. Valeri CR: Artificial Blood and Blood Product Substitutes. In Transfusion Medicine, Eds WH Churchill and SR Kurtz, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Cambridge, MA, 1988, pps 169-188.
71. Taratuta E, Albrecht P, Dennis R, Akselrod S, Valeri CR, Cohen R: Analysis of blood pressure waves in the conscious baboon. In Proc IEEE Annual Meeting, 1988.
72. Valeri CR: Frozen Red Blood Cells. In Principles of Transfusion Medicine, Eds E Rossi, T Simon, and GS Moss, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, MD, 7:57-62, 1988.
73. Vogel WM, Lieberthal W, Apstein CS, Levinsky N, Valeri CR: Effects of stroma-free hemoglobin solutions on isolated perfused rabbit hearts and isolated perfused rat kidneys. In Blood Substitutes, Eds. TMS Chang and RP Geyer, Marcel Dekker, Inc, New York, NY, 1988, pps 227-236.
74. Lieberthal W, Vogel WM, Apstein CS, Valeri CR: Studies of the mechanism of the vasoconstrictor activity of stroma-free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney and rabbit heart. In The Red Cell, Alan R Liss, Inc, New York, NY 1989, pps 407-422.1990 - 2000
75. Valeri CR: Blood and bone marrow products in the treatment of radiation injury. In Treatment of Radiation Injuries, Ed. D. Browne et al, Plenum Press, New York, NY, 1990.
76. Valeri CR: Preservation of Red Blood Cells and Platelets: Freezing, Storage, Recovery, and Quality. In Blood Separation and Plasma Fractionation, Ed JR Harris, Wiley-Liss, Inc, New York, NY 1991, pps 127-153.
77. Valeri CR: The effects of temperature on bleeding time and clotting time in normal volunteers. In Proc. Am. Acad. Cardiovasc. Perfusion, Orlando, FL, Vol. 13, January 1992, pps 152-153.
78. Valeri CR: Physiology of Blood Transfusion. Little, Brown & Co, In Surgical Intensive Care, Ed PS Barie and G.T. Shires, 1993.
79. Lieberthal W, LaRaia J, Valeri CR: Role of thromboxane in mediating the intrarenal vasoconstriction induced by unmodified stroma free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney. In Blood Substitutes and Oxygen Carriers, Ed TMS Chang, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1993, pps 451-455.
80. Dittmer J, Ichikura T, Pivacek LE, Giorgio A, Prusty S, Valeri CR: Intravascular circulation and distribution of human 51Cr-DBBF stroma-free hemoglobin. In Blood Substitutes and Oxygen Carriers, Ed TMS Chang, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1993, pps 529-533.
81. Vogel WM, Cassidy G, Valeri CR: Effects of o-raffinose-polymerized human hemoglobin on coronary tone and cardiac function in isolated hearts. In Blood Substitutes and Oxygen Carriers, Ed TMS Chang, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1993, pps 460-464.
82. Valeri CR: Transfusion medicine and surgical practice. In Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons 1993;78:19-24.
83. Hill J, Lindsay T, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB: Clinical indications for the administration of oxygen radical scavengers. In Trauma, Shock and Sepsis, Ed. Faist/Meakins/Schildberg, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1993, pps. 1271-1277.
84. Lindsay T, Hill J, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB: Mediators of remote lung injury. In Trauma, Shock and Sepsis, Ed. Faist/Meakins/Schildberg, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1993, pps. 235-241.
85. Michelson AD, Valeri CR: Hypothermia and platelet dysfunction. In Autotransfusion: Therapeutic Principles and Trends, Ed RL Tawes, Jr., Appleton, Pasadena, 1997, 41-46.
86. Khuri SF, Michelson AD, Valeri CR: The effect of cardiopulmonary bypass on hemostasis and coagulation. In Thrombosis and Hemorrhage, Eds. J Loscalzo and AI Schafer, Blackwell Scientific, Cambridge, 1994, 52:1051-1073.
87. Gibbs SAL, Weiser MR, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB: Complement and gut ischemia. In Host Defense Alterations of Trauma, Shock, and Sepsis-Multi Organ Failure/Immunotherapy of Sepsis. Springer, New York, 1994.
88. Michelson AD, Benoit SE, Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Valeri CR: A panel of monoclonal anti-platelet antibodies for the study of hemostasis and thrombosis in baboons. In Leucocyte Typing V, Ed S Schlossman, L Boumsell, W Gilks, JM Harlan, T Kishimoto, C Morimoto, J Ritz, S Shaw, RL Silverstein, TA Springer, TF Tedder, and RF Todd, Oxford University Press, 1995, pp 1230-1231.
89. Michelson AD, Benoit SE, Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Valeri CR: Blood bank storage of platelet concentrates results in a loss of platelet surface GP1b (CD42b) and GPV but not GPIX (CD42a). In Leucocyte Typing V, Ed S Schlossman, L Boumsell, W Gilks, JM Harlan, T Kishimoto, C Morimoto, J Ritz, S Shaw, RL Silverstein, TA Springer, TF Tedder, and RF Todd, Oxford University Press, 1995, pp 1331-1333.
90. Michelson AD, Valeri CR: Hypothermia and platelet dysfunction. In Autotransfusion: Therapeutic Principles and Trends, Ed RL Tawes, Jr., Appleton, Pasadena, 1997, 41-45.
91. McCarthy JC, Bucko N, Turner RH, Valeri CR, Ragno G, Kim A: Orthopedic applications of the Cell Saver. In Autotransfusion: Therapeutic Principles and Trends, Ed RL Tawes, Jr., Appleton, Pasadena, 1997, 155-158.
92. McCarthy JC, Turner RH, Valeri CR, Ragno G, Korten K: Postoperative red cell washing in reconstructive orthopedic surgery. In Autotransfusion: Therapeutic Principles and Trends, Ed RL Tawes, Jr., Appleton, Pasadena, 1997, 196-202.
93. Valeri CR: The red blood cell transfusion trigger. In Advances in Tissue Banking, GO Phillips, DM Strong, R von Versen, and A Nather, Eds., World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore, Vol. 2, 1998, pp 41-52.
94. Khuri SF, Michelson AD, Valeri CR. Effects of cardio-pulmonary bypass on hemostasis. In: Thrombosis and Hemorrhage, 2nd edition, Ed. J Loscalzo and AI Schafer, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, 1998, pp 1091-1117.
95. Valeri CR, Crowley JP, Loscalzo J. Indications for red blood cell transfusion. In Alternative Approaches to Human Blood Resources in Clinical Practice, CTh Smit Sibinga, PC Das, and J Fratantoni, Eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1998, pp 209-214.
96. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE. Frozen platelets. In Platelet Therapy: Current Status & Future Trends, Ed. J. Seghatchian, EL. Snyder and P. Krailadsiri, Elsevier Science, Clinical Medicine, Amsterdam, 2000;105-130.
97. Khuri SF, Valeri CR, Treanor P. Bleeding during and after cardiopulmonary bypass: A 15-year institutional experience. In Management of Bleeding in Cardiovascular Surgery, Ed. R. Pifarre, Hanley & Belfus, Philadelphia, 2000;145-160.
98. Michelson AD, Valeri CR: Hypothermia and platelet dysfunction. In Autotransfusion: Therapeutic Principles and Trends, Ed RL Tawes, Jr., Appleton, Pasadena, 1997, 41-45.
99. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE. Frozen platelets. In Platelet Therapy: Current Status & Future Trends, Ed. J. Seghatchian, E.L. Snyder, and P Krailadsiri, Elsevier Science, Clinical Medicine, Amsterdam, Elsevier, 2000; 105-130.
2005 Naval Blood Research Laboratory