747 - 4472 | Fax: (508) 759 - 2317
1. Lionetti FJ, Valeri CR, Bond JC, Fortier NL. Measurement of hemoglobin binding capacity of human serum or plasma by means of dextran gels. J Lab Clin Med 64:519-528, 1964.
2. Valeri CR, Henderson ME. Recent difficulties with frozen glycerolized blood. JAMA 188:1125-1131, 1964.
3. Valeri CR, Bond JC, Fowler K, Sobucki J. Quantitation of serum hemoglobin binding capacity using cellulose acetate membrane electrophoresis. Clin Chem 11:581-588, 1965.
4. Valeri CR, McCallum LE. Relationship between glutathione stability and in vivo survival of autologous, deglycerolized, resuspended red blood cells. Nature 205:561-563, 1965.
5. Valeri CR. Effect of resuspension medium on in vivo survival and supernatant hemoglobin of erythrocytes preserved with glycerol. Transfusion 5:25-35, 1965.
6. Valeri CR. Observations on recipient plasma hemoglobin concentration after transfusion with glycerolized frozen blood. Transfusion 5:36-53, 1965.
7. Valeri CR, Mercado-Lugo R, Danon D. Relationship between osmotic fragility and in vivo survival of autologous deglycerolized resuspended red blood cells. Transfusion 5:267-272, 1965.
8. Valeri CR. The in vivo survival, mode of removal of the non-viable cells, and the total amount of supernatant hemoglobin in deglycerolized, resuspended erythrocytes. I. The effect of the period of storage in ACD at 4C prior to glycerolization. II. The effect of washing deglycerolized, resuspended erythrocytes after a period of storage at 4C. Transfusion 5:273-285, 1965.
9. Valeri CR, McCallum L. The age of human erythrocytes lost during freezing and thawing with glycerol using the Cohn Fractionator. Transfusion 5:421-426, 1965.
10. Valeri CR. In vivo survival and supernatant hemoglobin of autologous, deglycerolized, resuspended erythrocytes processed using centrifugation. III. The effect of the length of storage at -80 C. Transfusion 6:112-115, 1966.
11. Lionetti FJ, Valeri CR, Bond JC, Kivowitz C, Weinman E. Nucleotides in frozen glycerolized erythrocytes. Transfusion 6:116-123, 1966.
12. Valeri CR. The in vivo survival of Coombs positive autologous erythrocytes produced by agglomeration. Transfusion 6:247-253, 1966.
13. Valeri CR, Bond JC. Observations on the preservation of autologous human erythrocytes using glycerol, slow-freeze technic and agglomeration. Transfusion 6:254-262, 1966.
14. Valeri CR, Bond JC, McCallum LE. Relationships between metabolic state and (1) in vivo survival and (2) density distribution of previously frozen human erythrocytes. Transfusion 6:543-553, 1966.
15. Valeri CR, McCallum LE, Danon D. Relationships between in vivo survival and (1) density distribution, (2) osmotic fragility of previously frozen, autologous, agglomerated, deglycerolized erythrocytes. Transfusion 6:554-564, 1966.
16. Valeri CR. Clinical evaluation of erythrocytes preserved for prolonged periods. Military Med 131:705-710, 1966.
17. Valeri CR. Frozen blood. NEJM 275:365-373, 1966.
18. Valeri CR. Frozen blood (concluded). NEJM 275:425-431, 1966.
19. Almond DV, Valeri CR. Relationship between lipid fractions of erythrocytes and their in vivo survival following preservation with glycerol and the slow freeze technic. Transfusion 7:10-16, 1967.
20. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR, Almond DV, Emerson CP, Rosenfield RE. Automated differential agglutination for measurement of red cell survival. Brit J Haemat 13 (Suppl):50-53, 1967.
21. Almond DV, Valeri CR. The in vivo effects of deglycerolized agglomerated erythrocytes transfused in multiple units to stable anemic patients. Transfusion 7:95-104, 1967.
22. Brodine CE, Sell KW, Moss GS, Valeri CR. Navy surgical research programs. J Surg Res 7:545-548, 1967.
23. Valeri CR, Runck AH, McCallum LE. Observations on autologous, previously frozen, deglycerolized, agglomerated, resuspended red cells. I. Effect of storage temperatures. II. Effect of adenine supplementation of glycerolized red cells prior to freezing. Transfusion 7(2) : 105-16, 1967 Mar-Apr.
24. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR, McCallum LE, Emerson CP, Rosenfield RE. Automated differential agglutination technic to measure red cell survival. I. Methodology. Transfusion 8:65-73, 1968.
25. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Automated differential agglutination technic to measure red cell survival. II. Survival in vivo of preserved red cells. Transfusion 8:74-83, 1968.
26. Valeri CR. Observations on the chromium labelling of ACD-stored and previously frozen red cells. Transfusion 8:210-219, 1968.
27. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Evaluation of double 51Cr technique. Vox Sang 15:287-292, 1968.
28. Valeri CR. Preservation of human red blood cells. Bull NY Acad Med 44:3-17, 1968.
29. Moss GS, Valeri CR, Brodine CE. Clinical experience with the use of frozen blood in combat casualties. NEJM 278:748-752, 1968.
30. Valeri CR. Clinical effectiveness of concentrated liquid stored red cells and previously frozen red cells. Maryland State Med J 17:59-64, 1968.
31. Valeri CR, Brodine CE. Current methods for processing frozen red cells. Cryobiology 5:129-135, 1968.
32. Runck AH, Valeri CR, Sampson WT. Comparison of the effects of ionic and non-ionic solutions on the volume and intracellular potassium of frozen and non-frozen human red cells. Transfusion 8(1):9-18, 1968.
33. Valeri CR, Brodine CE, Moss GE. Use of frozen blood in Vietnam. Bibl Haematol 29:735-8 1968.
34. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Clinical evaluation of concentrated red cells. NEJM 280:281-287, 1969.
35. Valeri CR, Fortier NL. Red-cell 2,3-diphosphoglycerate and creatine levels in patients with red-cell mass deficits or with cardiopulmonary insufficiency. NEJM 81:1452-1455, 1969.
36. Valeri CR, Runck AH. Long term frozen storage of human red blood cells: Studies in vivo and in vitro of autologous red blood cells preserved up to six years with high concentrations of glycerol. Transfusion 9:5-14, 1969.
37. Valeri CR, Runck AH, Sampson WT. Effects of agglomeration on human red blood cells. Transfusion 9:120-134, 1969.
38. Runck AH, Valeri CR. Recovery of glycerolized red blood cells frozen in liquid nitrogen. Transfusion 9:297-305, 1969.
39. Valeri CR, Runck AH. Viability of glycerolized red blood cells frozen in liquid nitrogen. Transfusion 9:306-313, 1969.
40. Valeri CR, Fortier NL. Red-cell mass deficits and erythrocyte 2,3 DPG levels. Forsvarsmedicin 5:212-218, 1969.
41. Fortier NL, Hirsch NM, Valeri CR. Restoration of 2,3 DPG and ATP in ACD-stored red blood cells. Forsvarsmedicin 5:250-257, 1969.
42. Daane TA, Valeri CR, Barton RK. Autotransfusions of previously frozen blood in elective gynecologic surgery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 105:394-399, 1969.
43. Valeri CR, Hirsch NM. Restoration in vivo of erythrocyte adenosine triphosphate, 2,3-diphosphoglycerate, potassium ion, and sodium ion concentrations following the transfusion of acid-citrate-dextrose-stored human red blood cells. J Lab Clin Med 73:722-733, 1969.
44. Valeri CR. Can current blood-bank practices be improved? Medical Counterpoint 1:25-28, 1969.
45. Valeri CR, Runck AH, Brodine CE. Recent advances in freeze-preservation of red blood cells. JAMA 208:489-492, 1969.1970 - 1979
46. Valeri CR. International Forum - In routine blood transfusion, should ACD anticoagulants be replaced by CPD or ACD adenine solutions? If so, by which one? Vox Sang 19:560-561, 1970.
47. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Factors influencing chromium elution from labelled red cells in vivo and the effect of elution on red-cell survival measurements. Br J Haemat 19:397-409, 1970.
48. Daane TA, Valeri CR, Barton RK. Autologous transfusions of previously frozen blood in elective surgery. Lab Med 1:34-35, 1970.
49. Valeri CR, Szymanski IO, Runck AH. Therapeutic effectiveness of homologous erythrocyte transfusions following frozen storage at -80C for up to seven years. Transfusion 10:102-112, 1970.
50. Szymanski IO, Dean HM, Valeri CR, Bougas JA, Desforges JF. Measurement of erythrocyte survival during open-heart surgery. Transfusion 10:163-170, 1970.
51. Valeri CR, Bougas JA, Talarico L, Emerson CP, Didimizio T, Pivacek, L. Behavior of previously frozen erythrocytes used during open-heart surgery. Transfusion 10:238-246, 1970.
52. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Analysis of erythrocyte survival curves obtained simultaneously by 51Cr and an automated differential agglutination technic. Transfusion 10:287-298, 1970.
53. Handin RI, Fortier NL, Valeri CR. Platelet response to hypotonic stress after storage at 4 C or 22 C. Transfusion 10:305-309, 1970.
54. Valeri CR, Fortier NL. Is red-cell creatine metabolic garbage? NEJM 282(17):979-980, 1970.
55. Szymanski IO, Valeri CR. Lifespan of preserved red cells. Vox Sang 21:97-108, 1971.
56. Valeri CR, Collins FB. The physiologic effect of transfusing preserved red cells with low 2,3-diphosphoglycerate and high affinity for oxygen. Vox Sang 20:397-403, 1971.
57. Valeri CR. Viability and function of preserved red cells. NEJM 284:81-88, 1971.
58. Handin RI, Valeri CR. Hemostatic effectiveness of platelets stored at 22C. NEJM 285:538-543, 1971.
59. Handin RI, Lawler KC, Valeri CR. Automated platelet counting. Am J Clin Path 56:661-664, 1971.
60. Valeri CR, Szymanski IO, Pivacek LE. Effects of the host on transfused preserved red blood cells. J Med 2:228-247, 1971.
61. Valeri CR, Collins FB. Physiologic effects of 2,3-DPG-depleted red cells with high affinity for oxygen. J Appl Physiol 31:823-827, 1971.
62. Valeri CR, Hirsch NM, Runck AH, Szymanski IO, Johnson LH. An automated low ionic antiglobulin test. Transfusion 11:110-116, 1971.
63. Herman CM, Rodkey FL, Valeri CR, Fortier NL. Changes in the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve and peripheral blood after acute red cell mass depletion and subsequent red cell mass restoration in baboons. Ann Surg 74:734-743, 1971.
64. Valeri CR, Kopriva CJ. Oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve in hemorrhagic and septic shock. Adv Exp Med Biol 23(0):177- 93, 1971.
65. Kopriva CJ, Ratliff JL, Fletcher JR, Fortier NL, Valeri CR. Biochemical and hematological changes associated with massive transfusion of ACD-stored blood in severely injured combat casualties. Ann Surg 176:585-589, 1972.
66. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG. Rejuvenation and freezing of outdated stored human red cells. NEJM 287:1307-1313, 1972.
67. Handin RI, Valeri CR. Improved viability of previously frozen platelets. Blood 40:509-513, 1972.
68. Runck AH, Valeri CR. Continuous-flow centrifugation washing of red blood cells. Transfusion 12:237-244, 1972.
69. Valeri CR, Szymanski IO, Zaroulis CG. 24-hour survival of ACD- and CPD-stored red cells. I. Evaluation of nonwashed and washed stored red cells. Vox Sang 2:289-308, 1972.
70. Valeri CR, Altschule MD, Pivacek LE. The hemolytic action of adrenochrome, an epinephrine metabolite. J Med 3:20-40, 1972.
71. Biron PE, Howard J, Altschule MD, Valeri CR. Chronic deficits in red-cell mass in patients with orthopaedic injuries (stress anemia). J Bone Joint Surg 54-A:1001-1014, 1972.
72. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Handin RI, Marchionni LD. Prostaglandins in the preparation of blood components. Science 175:539-542, 1972.
73. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Marchionni LD, Patti KJ. A simple method for measuring oxygen content in blood. J Lab Clin Med 79:1035-1040, 1972.
74. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG. Rejuvenation and freezing of outdated human red cells. Adv Exp Med Biol 28:457-77, 1972.
75. Rogers JC, Boldt D, Kornfeld S, Skinner SA, Valeri CR. Excretion of deoxyribonucleic acid by lymphocytes stimulated with phytohemmagglutinin or antigen. Proc Natl Acad Sci 69(7):1685-1689, 1972.
76. Szymanski IO, Lipson CS, Valeri CR. Elution of chromium label from preserved red blood cells transfused during surgery. Transfusion 13:13-18, 1973.
77. Valeri CR. Status report: blood preservation. Contemporary Surgery 2:21-31, 1973.
78. Kingsley JR, Valeri CR, Peters H, Cole BC, Fouty WJ, Herman CM. Citrate anticoagulation and on-line cell washing in intraoperative autotransfusion in the baboon. Surg Forum 24:258-260, 1973.
79. Miller ME, Rorth M, Parving HH, Howard D, Reddington I, Valeri CR, Stohlman F Jr. pH effect on erythropoietin response to hypoxia. NEJM 288:706-710, 1973.
80. Valeri CR, Contreras TJ, Feingold H, Sheibley RH, Jaeger RJ. Accumulation of di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) in whole blood, platelet concentrates, and platelet-poor-plasma. I. Effect of DEHP on platelet survival and function. Environmental Health Perspectives, Jan 1973, pp 103-118.
81. Valeri CR, Cooper AG, Pivacek LE. Limitations of measuring blood volume with iodinated I 125 serum albumin. Arch Int Med 132:534-538, 1973.
82. Howarth HC, Valeri CR. Autotransfusion of frozen red blood cells in elective oral surgery. J Oral Surg 31:40-43, 1973.
83. Valeri CR, Szymanski IO. Further studies on the rapid and slow components of chromium elution in vivo from preserved erythrocytes. Vox Sang 24:502-514, 1973.
84. Valeri CR, Altschule MD. Hemolysis in vitro of blood obtained from patients with traumatic injuries. J Trauma 13:678-686, 1973.
85. Miller ME, Zaroulis CG, Valeri CR, Stohlman F Jr. Oxygen transport by the red cell: Effects of chronic hemodialysis. Blood 43:49-56, 1974.
86. Valeri CR, Feingold, H, Marchionni LD. A simple method for freezing human platelets using 6% dimethylsulfoxide and storage at -80 C. Blood 43:131-136, 1974.
87. Crowley JP, Rene A, Valeri CR. Changes in platelet shape and structure after freeze preservation. Blood 44:599-603, 1974.
88. Valeri CR. Factors influencing the 24-hour posttransfusion survival and the oxygen transport function of previously frozen red cells preserved with 40 percent W/V glycerol and frozen at -80 C. Transfusion 14:1-15, 1974.
89. Contreras TJ, Sheibley RH, Valeri CR. Accumulation of DI-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) in whole blood, platelet concentrates, and platelet poor plasma. Transfusion 14:34-46, 1974.
90. Crowley JP, Valeri CR. The purification of red cells for transfusion by freeze preservation and washing. I. The mechanism of leukocyte removal from washed, freeze-preserved red cells. Transfusion 14:188-195, 1974
91. Crowley JP, Valeri CR. The purification of red cells for transfusion by freeze preservation and washing. II. The residual leukocytes, platelets, and plasma in washed, freeze-preserved red cells. Transfusion 14:196-202, 1974.
92. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Marchionni LD. The relation between response to hypotonic stress and the 51Cr recovery in vivo of preserved platelets. Transfusion 14:331-337, 1974.
93. Crowley JP, Valeri CR. Recovery and function of granulocytes stored in plasma at 4 C for one week. Transfusion 14:574-580, 1974.
94. Crowley JP, Valeri CR. The purification of red cells for transfusion by freeze-preservation and washing. III. Leukocyte removal and red cell recovery after red cell freeze-preservation by the high or low glycerol concentration method. Transfusion 14:590-594, 1974.
95. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Zaroulis CG, Sphar RL, Adams GM. Effects of hyperbaric exposure on human platelets. Aerospace Medicine 45:610-616, 1974.
96. Crowley JP, Rene A, Valeri CR. The recovery, structure, and function of human blood leukocytes after freeze-preservation. Cryobiology 11:395-409, 1974.
97. Valeri CR. Hemostatic effectiveness of liquid-preserved and previously frozen human platelets. NEJM 290:353-358, 1974.
98. Allen JE, Valeri CR. Prostaglandins in hematology. Arch Int Med 133:86-96, 1974.
99. Valeri CR. Oxygen transport and viability of preserved red blood cells. J Med 5:278-291, 1974.
100. Crowley JP, Skrabut EM, Valeri CR. Immunocompetent lymphocytes in previously frozen washed red cells. Vox Sang 26:513-517, 1974.
101. Valeri CR. Prostaglandins and their role in clinical medicine. Chicago Clin Chem 7:32-34, 1974.
102. Valeri CR. Quality of red cell transfusion. Giornale di Medicina Militare 124:7-18, 1974.
103. Valeri CR. Viability and function of preserved red cells. Wadley Med Bull 5:205-238, 1975.
104. Dennis RC, Hechtman HB, Berger RL, Vito L, Weisel RD, Valeri CR. Transfusion of 2,3 DPG enriched red blood cells to improve cardiac function. Hematologia 17:7-18, 1975.
105. Valeri CR. Blood components in the treatment of acute blood loss: Use of freeze-preserved red cells, platelets, and plasma proteins. Anesthesia and Analgesia-Current Researches 54:1-14, 1975.
106. Rice CL, Herman CM, Kiesow LA, Homer LD, John DA, Valeri CR. Benefits from improved oxygen delivery of blood in shock therapy. J Surg Res 19:193-198, 1975.
107. Dennis RC, Vito L, Weisel RD, Valeri CR, Berger RL, Hechtman HB. Improved myocardial performance following high 2,3 diphosphoglycerate red cell transfusions. Surgery 77:741-747, 1975.
108. Crowley JP, Skrabut EM, Valeri CR. The determination of leukocyte phagocytic oxidase activity by measurement of the initial rate of stimulated oxygen consumption. J Lab Clin Med 86:586-594, 1975.
109. Crowley JP, O'Donnell M, Sell KW, Valeri CR. The purification of red cells for transfusion by freeze-preservation and washing. IV. The use of micropore filtration to reduce the residual HL-A antigenicity of previously frozen, washed red cells. Transfusion 15:34-38, 1975.
110. Valeri CR. Simplification of the methods for adding and removing glycerol during freeze-preservation of human red blood cells with the high or low glycerol methods: Biochemical modification prior to freezing. Transfusion 5:195-218, 1975.
111. Walker R, Wilder M, Valeri CR. The effects of Staphylococcus Aureus and Klebsiella Pneumoniae peritonitis in mice exposed to normal and hypoxic conditions on red cell oxygen transport function. J Med 6:113-120, 1975.
112. Valeri CR, Rorth M, Zaroulis CG, Jakubowski MS, Vescera S. Physiologic effects of hyperventilation and phlebotomy in baboons: Systemic and cerebral oxygen extraction. Ann Surg 181:99-105, 1975.
113. Valeri CR, Rorth M, Zaroulis CG, Jakubowski MS, Vescera S. Physiologic effects of transfusing red blood cells with high or low affinity for oxygen to passively hyperventilated, anemic baboons: Systemic and cerebral oxygen extraction. Ann Surg 181:106-113, 1975.
114. Skrabut EM, Crowley JP, Catsimpoolas N, Valeri CR. The effect of cryogenic storage on human erythrocyte membrane proteins as determined by polyacrylamide-gel electrophoresis. Cryobiology 13:395-403, 1976.
115. Miller ME, Rorth M, Stohlman F Jr, Valeri CR, Lowrie G, Howard D, McGilvray N. The effects of acute bleeding on acid-base balance, erythropoietin (Ep) production and in vivo p50 in the rat. Brit J Haemat 33:379-385, 1976.
116. Catsimpoolas N, Griffith AL, Skrabut EM, Platsoucas CD, Valeri CR. Differential 51Cr uptake of human peripheral lymphocytes separated by density gradient electrophoresis. Cell Immunol 25:317-321, 1976.
117. Skrabut EM, Catsimpoolas N, Crowley JP, Valeri CR. (51Cr) sodium chromate incorporation into the soluble protein fraction of the human erythrocyte: Binding not associated with the hemoglobin monomeric subunit. BBRC 69:672-677, 1976.
118. Valeri CR. Circulation and hemostatic effectiveness of platelets stored at 4 C or 22 C: Studies in aspirin-treated normal volunteers. Transfusion 16:20-23, 1976.
119. Contreras TJ, Valeri CR. A comparison of methods to wash liquid-stored red blood cells and red blood cells frozen with high or low concentrations of glycerol. Transfusion 16:539-565, 1976.
120. Contreras TJ, Valeri CR. Removal of HBsAg from blood in vitro. I. Effects of washing alone, glycerol addition and removal, and glycerolization, freezing, and washing. Transfusion 16:594-609, 1976.
121. Kingsley JR, Valeri CR, Peters H, Cole BC, Fouty WJ, Sears HF, Herman CM. Citrate anticoagulation and cell washing for intraoperative autotransfusion in the baboon. Am J Surg 131:717-721, 1976.
122. Valeri CR. Cryobiology overview of red cell preservation: achievements and prospective. Prog Clin Biol Res 11:55-87, 1976.
123. Weisel RD, Vito L, Dennis RC, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB. Myocardial depression during sepsis. Am J Surg 133:512-521, 1977.
124. Lionetti FJ, Hunt SM, Lin PS, Kurtz SR, Valeri CR. Preservation of human granulocytes. II. Characteristics of granulocytes obtained by counterflow centrifugation. Transfusion 17:465-472, 1977.
125. Foster ED, Spector JI, Talarico L, Umlas J, Valeri CR, Dobnick DB, Berger RL. Polybrene neutralization as a means of monitoring heparin therapy for extracorporeal circulation. Ann Thoracic Surg 23:514-519, 1977.
126. Valeri CR. Current concepts of blood transfusion. J Oral Surg 35:707-712, 1977.
127. Crowley JP, Wade PH, Wish C, Valeri CR. The purification of red cells for transfusion by freeze-preservation and washing. V. Red cell recovery and residual leukocytes after freeze-preservation with high concentrations of glycerol and washing in various systems. Transfusion 17:1-7, 1977.
128. Spector JI, Yarmala JA, Marchionni LD, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Viability and function of platelets frozen at 2 to 3 C per minute with 4 or 5 percent DMSO and stored at -80C for 8 months. Transfusion 17:8-15, 1977.
129. Spector JI, Skrabut EM, Valeri CR. Oxygen consumption, platelet aggregation and release reactions in platelets freeze-preserved with dimethylsulfoxide. Transfusion 17:99-109, 1977.
130. Wade PH. Skrabut EM, Vinciguerra L, Valeri CR. In vitro function of granulocytes isolated from blood of normal volunteers using continuous-flow centrifugation in the IBM-Aminco Celltrifuge and adhesion-filtration leukapheresis using nylon fiber. Transfusion 17:136-140, 1977.
131. Spector JI, Zaroulis CG, Pivacek LE, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Physiologic effects of normal-or-low-oxygen affinity red cells in hypoxic baboons. Am J Physiol 232(1):H79-84, 1977.
132. Lang DJ, Valeri CR. Hazards of blood transfusion. Adv Pediatr 24:311-38, 1977.
133. Weisel RD, Dennis RC, Manny J, Mannick JA, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB. Adverse effects of transfusion therapy during abdominal aortic aneurysectomy. Surgery 83:682-690, 1978.
134. Roy AJ, Ramirez M, Valeri CR. Stability of neutrophil-releasing activity of plasma obtained from leukapheresed rats and stored at 4 C. Transfusion 18:734-737, 1978.
135. Zaroulis CG, Schweitzer RL, Barchet S, Valeri CR. Enhanced red cell oxygen transport in a pregnant woman with hemoglobin SD disease. J Obstet Gynec 52:358-360, 1978.
136. Kurtz SR, Van Deinse WH, Valeri CR. The immunocompetence of residual lymphocytes at various stages of red cell cryopreservation with 40% W/V glycerol in an ionic medium at -80 C. Transfusion 18:441-447, 1978.
137. Catsimpoolas N, Griffith AL, Skrabut EM, Valeri CR. An alternate method for the preparative velocity sedimentation of cells at unit gravity. Analyt Biochem 87:243-248, 1978.
138. Contreras TJ, Hunt SM, Lionetti FJ, Valeri CR. Preservation of human granulocytes. III. Liquid preservation studied by electronic sizing. Transfusion 18:46-53, 1978.
139. Valeri CR. What is the clinical importance of alterations of the hemoglobin oxygen affinity in preserved blood- especially as produced by variations of red cell 2,3 DPG content? International Forum. Vox Sang 34:111-127, 1978.
140. Zaroulis CG, Kourides IA, Valeri CR. Red cell 2,3 diphosphoglycerate and oxygen affinity of hemoglobin in patients with thyroid disorders. Blood 52:181-185, 1978.
141. Lionetti FJ, Hunt SM, Mattaliano RJ, Valeri CR. In vitro studies of cryopreserved baboon granulocytes. Transfusion 18(6):685-692, 1978.
142. Dennis RC, Hechtman HB, Berger RL, Vito L, Weisel RD, Valeri CR. Transfusion of 2,3 DPG-enriched red blood cells to improve cardiac function. Ann Thoracic Surg 26(1):17-26, 1978.
143. Valeri CR, Weisel RD, Dennis RC, Mannick JA, Berger RL, Hechtman HB. Oxygen transport function of preserved red blood cells and myocardial performance. Prog Clin Biol Res 21:597-616, 1978.
144. Robblee LS, Shepro D, Vecchione JJ, Valeri CR. Increased thrombin sensitivity of human platelets after storage at 4C. Transfusion 19:45-52, 1979.
145. Contreras TJ, Lang DJ, Pivacek LE, Valeri CR. Occurrence of HBsAg, anti-HBs, and anti-CMV following the transfusion of blood products. Transfusion 19:129-136, 1979.
146. Contreras TJ, Lindberg JR, Lowrie GB, Pivacek LE, Austin RM, Vecchione JJ, Valeri CR. Liquid and freeze-preservation of dog red blood cells. Transfusion 19:279-292, 1979.
147. Kurtz SR, Carciero R, Valeri CR. Factors that influence the process of 51chromium labeling of human granulocytes isolated from blood by counterflow centrifugation. Transfusion 19:398-403, 1979.
148. Spector JI, Flor WJ, Valeri CR. Ultrastructural alterations and phagocytic function of cryopreserved platelets. Transfusion 19:307-312, 1979.
149. Zaroulis CG, Spector JI, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Therapeutic transfusions of previously frozen washed human platelets. Transfusion 19:371-378, 1979.
150. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Dennis RC, Vecchione JJ, Emerson CP. Human red blood cells with normal or improved oxygen transport function prepared and frozen in the primary polyvinyl chloride plastic blood collection container. Blood Transfusions and Immunohematology 22:467-486, 1979.
151. McLoughlin GA, Grindlinger GA, Manny J, Valeri CR, Lipinski B, Mannick JA, Hechtman HB. Intrapulmonary clotting and fibrinolysis during abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery. Ann Surg 190:623-630, 1979.
152. Dennis RC, Bechthold D, Valeri CR. In vitro measurement of p50--the pH correction, and use of frozen red blood cells as controls. Crit Care Med 7:385-390, 1979.
153. Hechtman HB, Grindlinger GA, Vegas AM, Manny J, Valeri CR. Importance of oxygen transport in clinical medicine. Crit Care Med 7:419-423, 1979.
154. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Dennis RC, Vecchione JJ, Emerson CP. Biochemical modification and freeze-preservation of red blood cells: A new method. Crit Care Med 7:439-447, 1979.
155. Costa JL, Dobson CM, Kirk KL, Poulsen FM, Valeri CR, Vecchione JJ. Studies of human platelets by 19F and 31P NMR. FEBS Letters 99:141-146, 1979.
156. Catsimpoolas N, Kurtz SR, Skrabut EM, Griffith AL, Valeri CR. Cytotaxins alter the sedimentation behavior of human granulocytes. Science 205:936-937, 1979.
157. Zaroulis CG, Pivacek LE, Lowrie GB, Valeri CR. Lactic acidemia in baboons after transfusion of red blood cells with improved oxygen transport function and exposure to severe arterial hypoxemia. Transfusion 19:420-425, 1979.
158. Hechtman HB, Manny J, Valeri CR, Shepro D. Optimization of oxygen transport in acute respiratory failure. Bibl Anat 18:164-5, 1979.
159. Bryan-Brown CW, Valeri CR, Altschule MD. "The colouring substance of blood". Crit Care Med 7(9):358-9, 1979.1980 - 1989
160. Valeri CR, Vecchione JJ, Pivacek LE, Lowrie GB, Austin RM, Emerson CP. Viability and function of outdated human red blood cells after biochemical modification to improve oxygen transport function, freezing, thawing, washing, postthaw storage at 4 C, perfusion in vitro through a bubble oxygenator, and autotransfusion. Transfusion 20:39-46, 1980.
161. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Vecchione JJ, Valeri DA, Anastasi J, Pivacek LE, Emerson CP. Therapeutic effectiveness and safety of outdated human red blood cells rejuvenated to restore oxygen transport function to normal, frozen for 3 to 4 years at -80 C, washed, and stored at 4 C for 24 hours prior to rapid infusion. Transfusion 20:159-170, 1980.
162. Valeri CR, Zaroulis CG, Vecchione JJ, Valeri DA, Anastasi J, Pivacek LE, Emerson CP. Therapeutic effectiveness and safety of outdated human red blood cells rejuvenated to improve oxygen transport function, frozen for about 1.5 years at -80 C, washed, and stored at 4 C for 24 hours prior to rapid infusion. Transfusion 20:263-276, 1980.
163. Vecchione JJ, Chomicz SM, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Cryopreservation of human platelets isolated by discontinuous-flow centrifugation using the Haemonetics Model 30 Blood Processor. Transfusion 20:393-400, 1980.
164. Valeri CR. Status report on red blood cell and platelet freezing. Weekly Anesthesiology Update 3:1-7, 1980.
165. Lionetti FJ, Hunt SM, Schepis JP, Roy AJ, Liss RH, Valeri CR. In vivo distribution of cryogenically preserved guinea pig granulocytes. Cryobiology 17:1-11, 1980.
166. Lionetti FJ, Luscinskas FW, Hunt SM, Valeri CR, Callahan AB. Factors affecting the stability of cryogenically preserved granulocytes. Cryobiology 17:297-310, 1980.
167. Crowley JP, Valeri CR. Antibody inhibition of polymorphonuclear phagocytosis: Dissociation of bacterial attachment and bacterial killing. J Lab Clin Med 95:868-876, 1980.
168. Hechtman HB, Krausz MM, Utsunomiya T, Valeri CR. Preoperative assessment of the high risk surgical patient. Surg Clin NA 60:1349-1358, 1980.
169. Utsunomiya T, Krausz MM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Treatment of pulmonary embolism with prostacyclin. Surgery 8:25-30, 1980.
170. Costa JL, Dobson CM, Kirk KL, Poulsen FM, Valeri CR, Vecchione JJ. Nuclear magnetic resonance studies of blood platelets. Phil Trans R Soc Lond 289:413-423, 1980.
171. Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Measuring percent oxygen saturation of hemoglobin, percent carboxyhemoglobin and methemoglobin, and concentrations of total hemoglobin and oxygen in blood of man, dog, and baboon. Clin Chem 26:1304-1308, 1980.
172. Valeri CR, Yarnoz M, Vecchione JJ, Dennis RC, Anastasi J, Valeri DA, Pivacek LE, Hechtman HB, Emerson CP, Berger RL. Improved oxygen delivery to the myocardium during hypothermia by perfusion with 2,3 DPG-enriched red blood cells. Ann Thoracic Surg 30:527-535, 1980.
173. Lionetti FJ, Lin PS, Mattaliano RJ, Hunt SM, Valeri CR. Temperature effects on shape and function of human granulocytes. Exp Hemat 8:304-317, 1980.
174. Grindlinger GA, Vegas AM, Churchill WH Jr, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB. Is respiratory failure a consequence of blood transfusion? J Trauma 20:627-631, 1980.
175. Callow AD, Ledig CB, O'Donnell TF, Kelly JJ, Rosenthal D, Korwin S, Hotte C, Kahn PC, Vecchione JJ, Valeri CR. A primate model for the study of the interaction of 111IN-labeled baboon platelets with dacron(r) arterial prostheses. Ann Surg 191:362-366, 1980.
176. Cullen DJ, Kunsman J, Caldera D, Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Comparative evaluation of new fine-screen filters: Effects on blood flow rate and microaggregate removal. Anesthesiology 53:3-8, 1980.
177. Catsimpoolas N, Skrabut EM, Griffith AL, Valeri CR. Gravity sedimentation analysis of human blood leukocytes. J Biochem Biophys Methods 2:147-153, 1980.
178. Crawshaw HM, Quist WC, Serrallach E, Valeri CR, LoGerfo FW. Flow disturbance at the distal end-to-side anastomosis: Effect of patency of the proximal outflow segment and angle of anastomosis. Arch Surg 115:1280-1284, 1980.
179. Sweetman HE, Costa JL, Vecchione JJ, Valeri CR, Shepro D. Dense bodies and total calcium in human platelets following aspirin ingestion for a two-week period. Thrombosis Res 17:55-61, 1980.
180. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Anastasi J, Vecchione JJ, Dennis RC, Emerson CP. Freezing in the primary polyvinylchloride plastic collection bag: A new system for preparing and freezing nonrejuvenated and rejuvenated red blood cells. Transfusion 21:138-149, 1981.
181. Kurtz SR, Valeri DA, Melaragno AJ, Gray A, Vecchione JJ, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Leukocyte-poor red blood cells prepared by the addition and removal of glycerol from red blood cell concentrates stored at 4 C. Transfusion 21:435-442, 1981.
182. Smith DA, Monaghan WP, Orcutt RM, Barracchini AE, Valeri CR. A pre-sealed overwrap method of protecting frozen blood components during water immersion thawing. Transfusion 21:447-449, 1981.
183. Szymanski IO, Harper JM, Odgren PR, Valeri CR. Freezing red blood cells prepared for quality control of antiglobulin sera. Transfusion 21:498-501, 1981.
184. Vecchione JJ, Chomicz SM, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Enumeration of previously frozen platelets using the Coulter counter, phase microscopy, and the Technicon optical system. Transfusion 21:511-516, 1981.
185. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Melaragno AJ, Vecchione JJ, Dennis RC, Emerson CP. Cryopreserved red blood cells for pediatric transfusion: Frozen storage of small aliquots in polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic bags. Transfusion 21:527-536, 1981.
186. Kurtz SR, McMican A, Carciero R, Melaragno AJ, Abdu W, Katchis R, Valeri CR. Plateletpheresis experience with the Haemonetics Blood Processor 30, the IBM Blood Processor 2997, and the Fenwal CS-3000 Blood Processor. Vox Sang 41:212-218. 1981.
187. Kuehl GV, Harkness DR, Skrabut EM, Bechthold DA, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. In vitro interactions of 51Cr in human red blood cells and hemolysates. Vox Sang 40:260-272, 1981.
188. Valeri CR, Kuehl GV, Skrabut EM, Bechthold DA, Vecchione JJ, Harkness DR, Emerson CP. Studies on the in vivo elution of 51Cr from baboon red blood cells. Vox Sang 40:338-345, 1981.
189. Valeri CR, Lindberg JR, Contreras TJ, Pivacek LE, Austin RM, Valeri DA, Gray A, Emerson CP. Liquid preservation of baboon red blood cells in acid-citrate-dextrose or citrate-phosphate-dextrose anticoagulant: Effects of washing liquid-stored red blood cells. Am J Vet Res 42:1011-1013, 1981.
190. Valeri CR, Lindberg JR, Contreras TJ, Pivacek LE, Austin RM, Valeri DA, Gray A, Emerson CP. Measurement of red blood cell volume, plasma volume, and total blood volume in baboons. Am J Vet Res 42:1025-1029, 1981.
191. Valeri CR, Lindberg JR, Contreras TJ, Lowrie GB, Pivacek LE, Gray A, Valeri DA, Emerson CP. Freeze-preserved baboon red blood cells: Effects of biochemical modification and perfusion in vitro. Am J Vet Res 42:1590-1594, 1981.
192. Valeri CR. Optimal use of blood products in the treatment of hemorrhagic shock. Surgical Rounds 4:38-46, 1981.
193. Valeri CR. Blood products and resuscitative solutions to treat hemorrhagic shock. Crit Care Monitor, 1981.
194. Costa JL, Dobson CM, Fay DD, Kirk KL, Poulsen FM, Valeri CR, Vecchione JJ. Nuclear magnetic resonance studies of amine storage in pig platelets. FEBS Letters 136:325-328, 1981.
195. LoGerfo FW, Crawshaw HM, Nowak M, Serrallach E, Quist WC, Valeri CR. Effect of flow split on separation and stagnation in a model vascular bifurcation. Stroke 12:660-665, 1981.
196. Melaragno AJ, Abdu W, Katchis R, Doty A, Valeri CR. Liquid and freeze preservation of baboon platelets. Cryobiology 18:445-452, 1981.
197. Arnaout MA, Luscinskas FW, Lionetti FJ, Alper CA, Valeri CR. Alternative complement pathway-dependent ingestion of fluolite particles by human granulocytes. J Immunol 127:278-281, 1981.
198. Valeri CR. Status report on blood products and resuscitative solutions to treat hemorrhagic shock. Med Bull US Army, Europe 38:13-17, 1981.
199. Hunt SM, Lionetti FJ, Valeri CR, Callahan AB. Cryogenic preservation of monocytes from human blood and plateletpheresis cellular residues. Blood 57:592-598, 1981.
200. Krausz MM, Dennis RC, Utsunomiya T, Grindlinger GA, Vegas AM, Churchill WH Jr, Mannick JA, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB. Cardiopulmonary function following transfusion of three red blood cell products in elective abdominal aortic aneurysmectomy. Ann Surg 194:616-624, 1981.
201. Thompson CB, Quinn PG, Valeri CR, Catsimpoolas N. Sedimentation behavior of activated human granulocytes: Aggregation and volume effects. Cell Biophysics 3:279-288, 1981.
202. Utsunomiya T, Krausz MM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Treatment of aspiration pneumonia with ibuprofen and prostacyclin. Surgery 90:170-176, 1981.
203. Utsunomiya T, Krausz MM, Valeri CR, Levine L, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Treatment of pulmonary embolism with positive end-expiratory pressure and prostaglandin E1. Surg Gynec Obstet 153:161-168, 1981.
204. Valeri CR. Status report on rejuvenation and freezing of red blood cells. Plasma Therapy 2:155-170, 1981.
205. Kurtz SR, Skrabut EM, Catsimpoolas N, Valeri CR. 51Cr and DF32P labeling of human blood cells in leukocyte-rich plasma. Exp Hemat 9:957-965, 1981.
206. Valeri CR. The current state of platelet and granulocyte cryopreservation. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 14(1):21-74, 1981.
207. Valeri CR. New developments in red blood cell preservation using liquid and freezing procedures. J Clin Lab Automation 2:425-439, 1982.
208. Kurtz SR, Kuszaj T, Ouellet R, Valeri CR. Survival of homozygous Coa(Colton) red cells in a patient with anti-Coa1. Vox Sang 43:28-30, 1982.
209. Kurtz SR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Lindberg JR, McMican A, Blumberg N, Valeri CR. A new approach to washing red blood cells frozen with a high concentration of glycerol in a special freezing container. Vox Sang 43:132-137, 1982.
210. Melaragno AJ, Abdu WA, Katchis RJ, Vecchione JJ, Valeri Cr. Cryopreservation of platelets isolated with the IBM 2997 Blood Cell Separator: A rapid and simplified approach. Vox Sang 43:321-326, 1982.
211. Justice RE, Utsunomiya T, Krausz MM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. A miniaturized chamber for the measure of oxygen consumption. J Appl Physiol 52:488-490, 1982.
212. Thompson CB, Eaton KA, Princiotta SM, Rushin CA, Valeri CR. Size dependent platelet subpopulations: relationship of platelet volume to ultrastructure, enzymatic activity, and function. Brit J Haemat 50:509-519, 1982.
213. Utsunomiya T, Krausz MM, Dunham B, Valeri CR, Levine L, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Modification of inflammatory response to aspiration with ibuprofen. Am J Physiol 243:H903-H910, 1982.
214. Callow AD, Connolly R, O'Donnell TF Jr, Gembarowicz R, Keough E, Ramberg-Laskaris K, Valeri CR. Platelet-arterial synthetic graft interaction and its modification. Arch Surg 117:1447-1455, 1982.
215. Krausz MM, Utsunomiya T, Dunham B, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Inhibition of permeability edema with imidazole. Surgery 92:299-308, 1982.
216. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Weiblen BJ, Halkett JAE, Callow AD, Valeri CR. Repeated intravenous administrations of human albumin and human fibrinogen in the baboon: Survival measurements. J Med Primatol 11:91-105, 1982.
Chicago Bears Game Day Umbrella - Navy Blue,Dallas Cowboys 12" Art-Glass Wall Clock,Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers Player Drawstring Backpack - Green Cheap Miami Dolphins Jerseys For Sale.New England Patriots Majestic Navy Big & Tall Critical Victory T-Shirt,Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson Nike White Game Football Jersey.Men's San Diego Chargers New Era Powder Blue Pom Fire Cuffed Knit Hat,Men's Pro Line San Francisco 49ers Ronnie Lott Retired Player Jersey.Men's Tennessee Titans Navy Critical Victory Crew Sweatshirt,Men's Minnesota Vikings Majestic Charcoal Big & Tall Raglan Full-Zip Hoodie.Mens Kansas City Chiefs Antigua Red Delta Quarter Zip Pullover Jacket,'47 Brand Houston Texans Youth Hot Streak Adjustable Hat - Red/Navy Blue NFL Jerseys Seattle Seahawks Wholesale.Men's San Francisco 49ers Majestic Black Conquest Double Face Slub Long Sleeve Thermal T-Shirt,Men's Green Bay Packers New Era White On Field Training Camp Bucket Hat,Men's New Orleans Saints Nike Black Stadium Touch Performance T-Shirt Miami Dolphins Throwback Jerseys.Men's Cincinnati Bengals Pro Line Black Big & Tall Duval T-Shirt,Women's Kansas City Chiefs Tamba Hali Nike Red Limited Jersey The Greatest Quarterbacks Of Miami Dolphins.Mens Seattle Seahawks Antigua Navy Blue Antigua Velocity Hoodie,Men's Philadelphia Eagles Majestic Midnight Green Past the Limit Marled T-Shirt,Los Angeles Rams Infant My First Cap Hat - Navy Blue
217. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Melaragno AJ, Dennis RC, Emerson CP. Red blood cell concentrates stored at 4 C for 35 days in CPDA-1, CPDA-2, or CPDA-3 anticoagulant-preservative, biochemically modified, and frozen and stored in the polyvinyl chloride plastic primary collection bag with 40% W/V glycerol at -80 C. Transfusion 22:102-106, 1982.
218. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Hollander A, Defina S, Emerson CP, Valeri CR. Circulation and function of human platelets isolated from units of CPDA-1, CPDA-2, and CPDA-3 anticoagulated blood and frozen with DMSO. Transfusion 22:206-209, 1982.
219. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Melaragno AJ, Dennis RC, Emerson CP. Viability and function of red blood cell concentrates stored at 4 C for 35 days in CPDA-1, CPDA-2, or CPDA-3. Transfusion 22:210-216, 1982.
220. Valeri CR. Use of low affinity red cells in the treatment of anemic hypoxic patients with normal or reduced arterial oxygen tensions at normothermic or hypothermic temperatures. The Physiologist 25:90, 1982.
221. Gembarowicz R, Connolly R, Callow AD, O'Donnell TF, Keough E, Schultz M, Ramberg-Laskaris K, Melaragno AJ, Valeri CR. Effect of PGI2 on the interaction of platelets with small caliber dacron grafts. Surg Forum 33:466-468, 1982.
222. Valeri CR. Use of rejuvenation solutions in blood preservation. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 17(4):299-374, 1982.
223. Luscinskas FW, Lionetti FJ, Melaragno AJ, Valeri CR. Long-term cryopreservation of dog granulocytes. Cryobiology 20:1-6, 1983.
224. Immerman KL, Melaragno AJ, Ouellet RP, Weinstein R, Valeri CR. Morphology of glutaraldehyde-fixed preserved red blood cells and 24-hr post-transfusion survival. Cryobiology 20:30-35, 1983.
225. Thompson CB, Jakubowski JA, Quinn PG, Deykin D, Valeri CR. Platelet size as a determinant of platelet function. J Lab Clin Med 101:205-213, 1983.
226. Weiblen BJ, Melaragno AJ, Catsimpoolas N, Valeri CR. Measurement of the distribution of Indium-111 on human plasma proteins using immunoprecipitation. J Immunol Methods 58:73-81, 1983.
227. Kurtz SR, Ouellet R, McMican A, Valeri CR. Survival of MM red blood cells during hypothermia in two patients with anti-M. Transfusion 23:37-39, 1983.
228. Valeri CR, Ouellet R, Mostacci J, Harmening-Pittiglio D, Vecchione JJ. Phosphate ion exchange resin used in the liquid preservation of baboon red blood cells. Transfusion 23:215-220, 1983.
229. Hunt SM, Lionetti FJ, Valeri CR. Isolation and cryopreservation of monocytes from plateletapheresis cellular residues. Transfusion 23:387-390, 1983.
230. Valeri CR, Sims KL, Bates JF, Reichman D, Lindberg JR, Wilson AC. An integrated liquid-frozen blood banking system. Vox Sang 45:25-39, 1983.
231. Bernhard WF, Clay W, Shoen FJ, Gernes D, Sherman C, Carr JG, Melaragno AJ, Burke D, Poirier VL, Valeri CR. Clinical and laboratory investigations related to temporary and permanent ventricular bypass. Heart Transplantation III:16-25, 1983.
232. Jakubowski JA, Thompson CB, Vaillancourt R, Valeri CR, Deykin D. Arachidonic acid metabolism by platelets of differing size. Brit J Haemat 53:503-511, 1983.
233. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Leavy PD, Contreras TJ, Lindberg JR. Rhesus macaque red blood cells frozen with 40% glycerol and stored at -80C. Am J Vet Res 44:1786-1788, 1983.
234. Huval WV, Dunham BM, Lelcuk S, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane mediation of cardiovascular dysfunction following aspiration. Surgery 94:259-266, 1983.
235. Mathieson MA, Dunham BM, Huval WV, Lelcuk S, Stemp LI, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Ischemia of the limb stimulates thromboxane production and myocardial depression. Surg Gynec Obstet 157:500-504, 1983.
236. Hechtman HB, Huval WV, Mathieson MA, Stemp LI, Valeri CR, Shepro D. Prostaglandin and thromboxane mediation of cardiopulmonary failure. Surg Clin NA 63:263-283, 1983.
237. Skrabut EM, Catsimpoolas N, Kurtz SR, Griffith AL, Valeri CR. Alteration of the electrophoretic mobility of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells following treatment with dimethyl sulfoxide. Cryobiology 20:652-656, 1983.
238. Thompson CB, Diaz DD, Quinn PG, Lapins M, Kurtz SR, Valeri CR. The role of anticoagulation in the measurement of platelet volumes. Am J Clin Path 80:327-332, 1983.
239. Weiblen BJ, DeBell K, Valeri CR. "Acquired immunodeficiency" of blood stored overnight. NEJM 309:793, 1983.
240. Thompson CB, Love DG, Quinn PG, Valeri CR. Platelet size does not correlate with platelet age. Blood 62:487-494, 1983.
241. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Contreras TJ, Lindberg JR. Horse red blood cells frozen with 20% (W/V) glycerol and stored at -150C for five years. Am J Vet Res 44:2200-2202, 1983.
242. Krausz MM, Utsunomiya T, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB. One- stage technique for chronic hemodynamic and lung lymphatic cannulation in sheep. Israeli J Med Sci 19:199-201, 1983.
243. Hesketh PJ, Sullivan R, Valeri CR, McCarroll LA. The production of granulocyte-monocyte colony-stimulating activity by isolated human T lymphocyte subpopulations. Blood 63:1141-1146, 1984.
244. Valeri CR, Gray AD, Cassidy GP, Riordan W, Pivacek LE. The 24-hour posttransfusion survival, oxygen transport function, and residual hemolysis of human outdated-rejuvenated red cell concentrates after washing and storage at 4 C for 24 to 72 hours. Transfusion 24:323-326, 1984.
245. Thompson CB, Jakubowski JA, Quinn PG, Deykin D, Valeri CR. Platelet size and age determine platelet function independently. Blood 63:1372-1375, 1984.
246. Alexander F, Mathieson M, Teoh KHT, Huval WV, Lelcuk S, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Arachidonic acid metabolites mediate early burn edema. J Trauma 24:709-712, 1984.
247. Lelcuk S, Huval WV, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Inhibition of ischemia-induced thromboxane synthesis in man. J Trauma 24:393-396, 1984.
248. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Ouellet R, Gray A. A comparison of methods of determining the 100 percent survival of preserved red cells. Transfusion 24:105-108, 1984.
249. Weiblen BJ, Debell K, Giorgio A, Valeri CR. Monoclonal antibody testing of lymphocytes after overnight storage. J Immunol Methods 70:179-183, 1984.
250. Mackey WC, Connolly RJ, Callow AD, Keough EM, Ramberg-Laskaris K, McCullough JL, O'Donnell TF, Melaragno AJ, Valeri CR, Weiblen BJ. Aspirin decreases platelet uptake on Dacron vascular grafts in baboons. Ann Surg 200:93-99, 1984.
251. Hechtman HB, Valeri CR, Shepro D. Role of humoral mediators in adult respiratory distress syndrome. Chest 86:623-627, 1984.
252. Dunham BM, Hechtman HB, Valeri CR, Shepro D. Antiinflammatory agents inhibit microvascular permeability induced by leukotrienes and by stimulated human neutrophils. Microcirculation, Endothelium, and Lymphatics 1:465-489, 1984.
253. Thompson CB, Galli R, Melaragno AJ, Valeri CR. A method for the separation of erythrocytes on the basis of size using counterflow centrifugation. Am J Hemat 17:177-183, 1984.
254. Bernhard WF, Gernes DG, Clay WC, Schoen FJ, Burgeson R, Valeri CR, Melaragno AJ, Poirier VL. Investigations with an implantable, electrically actuated ventricular assist device. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 88:11-21, 1984.
255. Jakubowski JA, Adler B, Thompson CB, Valeri CR, Deykin D. Influence of platelet volume on the ability of prostacyclin to inhibit platelet aggregation and the release reaction. J Lab Clin Med 105:271-276, 1985.
256. Apstein CS, Dennis RC, Briggs L, Vogel WM, Frazer J, Valeri CR. Effect of erythrocyte storage and oxyhemoglobin affinity changes on cardiac function. Am J Physiol 248 (Heart Circ Physiol 17): H508-H515, 1985.
257. Carciero R, Valeri CR. Isolation of mononuclear leukocytes in a plastic bag system using Ficoll-Hypaque. Vox Sang 49:373-380, 1985.
258. Valeri CR, Landrock RD, Pivacek LE, Gray AD, Fink JG, Szymanski IO. Quantitative differential agglutination method using the Coulter Counter to measure survival of compatible but identifiable red blood cells. Vox Sang 49:195-205, 1985.
259. Melaragno AJ, Carciero R, Feingold H, Talarico L, Weintraub L, Valeri CR. Cryopreservation of human platelets using 6% dimethylsulfoxide and storage at -80C. Effects of 2 years of frozen storage at -80C and transportation in dry ice. Vox Sang 49:245-258, 1985.
260. Valeri CR. Measurement of viable ADSOL-preserved human red blood cells. NEJM 312:377-378, 1985.
261. Szymanski IO, Odgren PR, Valeri CR. Relationship between the third component of human complement (C3) bound to stored preserved erythrocytes and their viability in vivo. Vox Sang 49:34-41, 1985.
262. Binder R, Stone PJ, Calore JD, Dunn DM, Snider GL, Franzblau C, Valeri CR. Serum antielastase and neutrophil elastase levels in PiM phenotpye cigarette smokers with airflow obstruction. Respiration 47:267-277, 1985.
263. Lelcuk S, Alexander F, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Prostacyclin and thromboxane A2 moderate post-ischemic renal failure. Surgery 98:207-212, 1985.
264. Leluck S, Alexander F, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane A2 moderates permeability after limb ischemia. Ann Surg 202:642-646, 1985.
265. Valeri CR, Ellis A, Donahue K, Curran T, Pivacek L. The viability of young and old baboon red cells stored in the liquid state at 4 C. Prog Clin Biol Res 195:429-441, 1985.
266. Valeri CR. Cryopreservation of human platelets and bone marrow and peripheral blood totipotential mononuclear stem cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci 459:353-66, 1985.
267. Smith JM, Blue B, Clancy E, Valeri CR, Cohen RJ. Subtle altering electrocardiographic morphology as an indicator of decreased cardiac electrical stability. Comput Cardiol 12:109-12, 1985.
268. Valeri CR, Donahue K, Feingold HM, Cassidy GP, Altschule MD. Increase in plasma volume after the transfusion of washed erythrocytes. Surg Gynec Obstet 162:30-36, 1986.
269. Vogel WM, Dennis RC, Cassidy GP, Apstein CS, Valeri CR. Coronary constrictor effect of stroma-free hemoglobin solutions. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol 20) 251:H413-H420, 1986.
270. Eldrup-Jorgensen J, Connolly RJ, Mackey WC, Ramberg K, O'Donnell TF, Valeri CR, Callow AD. Antiplatelet therapy and vascular grafts: Studies in a baboon ex vivo shunt. Arch Surg 121:778-781, 1986.
271. Manny J, Manny N, Lelcuk S, Alexander F, Feingold H, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Pulmonary and systemic consequences of localized acid aspiration. Surg Gynec Obstet 162:259-267, 1986.
272. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Melaragno AJ, Vecchione JJ. Cryopreservation of dog platelets with dimethylsulfoxide: Therapeutic effectiveness of cryopreserved platelets in the treatment of thrombocytopenic dogs, and the effect of platelet storage at -80 C. Cryobiology 23:387-394, 1986.
273. Feingold HM, Pivacek LE, Melaragno AJ, Valeri CR. Coagulation assays and platelet aggregation patterns in human, baboon and canine blood. Am J Vet Res 47:2197-2199, 1986.
274. Black HM, Shoenfeld NA, O'Donnell TF Jr, Valeri CR, Connolly R, Callow AD. Urinary thromboxane B2 levels in the diagnosis of mesenteric ischemia. Surg Forum 37:146-148, 1986.
275. Lelcuk S, Threlfall L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Nicotine stimulates pulmonary parenchymal thromboxane synthesis. Surgery 100:836-840, 1986.
276. Shoenfeld NA, Eldrup-Jorgensen J, Connolly R, Callow AD, Valeri CR, Ramberg K, Mackey WC, O'Donnell TF. The effect of low molecular weight dextran on platelet deposition onto prosthetic materials. J Vasc Surg 5:76-82, 1987.
277. Lieberthal W, Vasilevsky ML, Valeri CR, Levinsky NG. Interactions between ADH and prostaglandins in isolated erythrocyte-perfused rat kidney. Am J Physiol 252:F331-F337, 1987.
278. Kaufman RP Jr, Anner H, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Vasodilator prostaglandins (PG) prevent renal damage after ischemia. Ann Surg 205:195-198, 1987.
279. Wilentz JR, Sanborn TA, Haudenschild CC, Valeri CR, Ryan TJ, Faxon DP. Platelet accumulation in experimental angioplasty: time course and relation to vascular injury. Circulation 75:636-642, 1987.
280. Crowley JP, Dennis RC, Pivacek L, Metzger J, Carvalho A, Valeri CR. Effects of granulocytopenia on the hemodynamic responses of dogs during E. coli bacteremia. Circ Shock 22:91-104, 1987.
281. Lieberthal W, Wolf EF, Merrill EW, Levinsky NG, Valeri CR. Hemodynamic effects of different preparations of stroma free hemolysates in the isolated perfused rat kidney. Life Science 41:2525-2533, 1987.
282. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Cassidy G, Ragno G, Khuri S, Altschule MD. Hypothermia-induced reversible platelet dysfunction. Ann Surg 205:175-181, 1987.
283. Lieberthal W, Stephens GW, Wolf EF, Rennke HG, Vasilevsky ML, Valeri CR, Levinsky NG. Effect of erythrocytes on the function and morphology of the isolated perfused rat kidney. Renal Physiol 10:14-24, 1987.
284. Vogel WM, Hsia JC, Briggs LL, Er SS, Cassidy G, Apstein CS, Valeri CR. Reduced coronary vasoconstrictor activity of hemoglobin solutions purified by ATP-agarose affinity chromatography. Life Sciences 41:89-93, 1987.
285. Muza SR, Sawka MN, Young AJ, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Martin JW, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Elite special forces: Physiological description and ergogenic influence of blood reinfusion. Aviat Space Environ Med 58:1001-1004, 1987.
286. Sawka MN, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ, Muza SR, Martin JW, Wenger CB, Francesconi RP, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Influence of polycythemia on blood volume and thermoregulation during exercise-heat stress. J Appl Physiol 62:912-918, 1987.
287. Anner H, Kaufman RP Jr, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Pulmonary hypertension and leukosequestration after lower torso ischemia. Ann Surg 206:642-648, 1987.
288. Anner H, Kaufman RP Jr, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Pulmonary leukosequestration induced by hind limb ischemia. Ann Surg 206:162-167, 1987.
289. Klausner JM, Schoof DD, Kobzik LM, Morel N, Highum D, Valeri CR, Eberlein TJ, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Interleukin- 2 leads to lung lymphosequestration, thromboxane generation, and rapid increase in permeability. Surgical Forum 38:428-430, 1987.
290. Klausner JM, Kobzik LM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Selective lung leukosequestration following complement activation. Surgical Forum 38:304-307, 1987.
291. Kaufman RP Jr, Anner H, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. A high plasma prostaglandin to thromboxane ratio protects against renal ischemia. Surg Gynec Obstet 165:404-409, 1987.
292. Pitt AM, O'Connor JL, Valeri CR, Castino F. Assessment of blood interactions with the Therapore Apheresis System. Life Support Syst 5(4):347-52, 1987.
293. Crowley JP, Ragosta A, Homans AC, Valeri CR. A solid phase urease-linked cellular immunosorbent assay for circulating polymorphonuclear binding immunoglobulin. Ann Clin Lab Sci 17(5):306-11, 1987.
294. Francesconi RP, Sawka MN, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ, Valeri CR. Autologous red blood cell reinfusion: Effects on stress and fluid regulatory hormones during exercise in the heat. Aviat Space Environ Med 59:133-137, 1988.
295. O'Murchadha ET, Horland A, Neiman RS, Valeri CR. Morphology of cells grown in the CFU-GEMM tissue culture assay from mononuclear cells obtained from peripheral blood and bone marrow of normal volunteers. Exp Hematol 16:235-239, 1988.
296. Kaufman RP Jr, Klausner JM, Anner H, Feingold H, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Inhibition of thromboxane (Tx) synthesis by free radical scavengers. J Trauma 28:458-464, 1988.
297. Shoenfeld NA, Connolly R, Ramberg K, Valeri CR, Eldrup-Jorgensen J, Callow AD. The systemic activation of platelets by Dacron(r) grafts. Surg Gynec Obstet 166:454-457, 1988.
298. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Limb ischemia-induced increase in permeability is mediated by leukocytes and leukotrienes. Ann Surg 208:775-760, 1988.
299. Klausner JM, Anner H, Patterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Lower torso ischemia-induced lung injury is leukocyte dependent. Ann Surg 208:761-767, 1988.
300. Blumenstock FA, Valeri CR, Saba TM, Cho E, Melaragno A, Gray A, Lewis M. Progressive loss of fibronectin-mediated opsonic activity in plasma cryoprecipitate with storage: Role of fibronectin fragmentation. Vox Sang 54:129-137, 1988.
301. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Palter M, Dennis RC, Yeston N, Emerson CP, Altschule MD. A clinical experience with ADSOL(r) preserved erythrocytes. Surg Gynec Obstet 166:33-46, 1988.
302. Moore FD Jr, Warner KG, Assousa S, Valeri CR, Khuri SF. The effects of complement activation during cardiopulmonary bypass. Attenuation by hypothermia, heparin, and hemodilution. Ann Surg 208:95-103, 1988.
303. Wright JG, Kerr JC, Valeri CR, Hobson RW II. Endothelial permeability to iodine-125-labeled albumin predicts skeletal muscle injury after ischemia reperfusion. Current Surgery 45:25-27, 1988.
304. Wright JG, Kerr JC, Valeri CR, Hobson RW II. Heparin decreases ischemia-reperfusion injury in isolated canine gracilis model. Arch Surg 123:470-472, 1988.
305. Smith JM, Clancy EA, Valeri CR, Ruskin JN, Cohen RJ. Electrical alternans and cardiac electrical instability. Circulation 77:110-121, 1988.
306. Klausner JM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Peripheral ischemia: Part 1. Local consequences. Hospital Therapy 13:73-89, 1988.
307. Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Selective lung leukosequestration after complement activation. J Appl Physiol 65:80-88, 1988.
308. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Pivacek L, Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Effects of plasma administration on gram negative shock in granulocytopenic dogs. Circulatory Shock 26:287-295, 1988.
309. Shoenfeld NA, Yeager A, Connolly R, Ramberg K, Forgione L, Giorgio A, Valeri CR, Callow AD. A new primate model for the study of intravenous thrombotic potential and its modification. J Vasc Surg 8:49-54, 1988.
310. Lieberthal W, Rennke HG, Sandock KM, Valeri CR, Levinsky NG. Ischemia in the isolated erythrocyte-perfused rat kidney. Protective effect of hypothermia. Renal Physiol Biochem 11:60-69, 1988.
311. Sawka MN, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ, Muza SR, Pandolf KB, Latzka WA, Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Polycythemia and hydration: effects on thermoregulation and blood volume during exercise-heat stress. Am J Physiol 255 (Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol 24):R456-463, 1988.
312. Wright JG, Kerr JC, Valeri CR, Hobson RW II. Regional hypothermia protects against ischemia-reperfusion injury in isolated canine gracilis muscle. J Trauma 28:1026-1031, 1988.
313. Wright JG, Fox D, Kerr JC, Valeri CR, Hobson RW II. Rate of reperfusion blood flow modulates reperfusion injury in skeletal muscle. J Surg Res 44:754-763, 1988.
314. Stephens GW, Lieberthal W, Oza NB, Valeri CR, Levinsky NG. Vasopressin stimulates urinary kallikrein excretion in the isolated erythrocyte-perfused rat kidney. Renal Physiol Biochem 11:50-59, 1988.
315. Franco RS, Weiner M, Wagner K, Martelo OJ, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Valeri CR. The 24-hour posttransfusion survival and lifespan of autologous baboon red cells treated with inositol hexaphosphate-polyethylene glycol or inositol hexaphosphate-adenosine triphosphate-polyethylene glycol to decrease oxygen affinity. Vox Sang 55:90-96, 1988.
316. Huval WV, Lelcuk S, Feingold H, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Effects of nitroprusside and ketanserin upon pulmonary edema after acid injury. Surg Gynec Obstet 166:527-534, 1988.
317. Anner H, Kaufman RP Jr, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Reperfusion of ischemic lower limbs increases pulmonary microvascular permeability. J Trauma 28:607-610, 1988.
318. Katzir A, Bowman F, Asfour Y, Zur A, Valeri CR. Infrared fiber optics for thermometry in microwave. Appl Phys Lett 53:1877-1879, 1988.
319. Katzir A, Bowman F Asfour Y, Zur A, Valeri CR. Infrared fiber radiometer for thermometry in electromagnetic induced therapeutic healing. SPIE, Optical Fibers in Medicine III, Vol 906, pps 120-123, 1988.
320. Vogel WM, Lieberthal W, Apstein CS, Levinsky N, Valeri CR. Effects of stroma-free hemoglobin solutions on isolated perfused rabbit hearts and isolated perfused rat kidneys. Biomater Artif Cells Artif Organs 16(1-3):227-35, 1988.
321. Lieberthal W, Wolf EF, Rennke HG, Valeri CR, Levinsky NG. Renal ischemia and reperfusion impair endothelium-dependent vascular relaxation. Am J Physiol 256 (Renal Fluid Electrolyte Physiol 25):F894-F900, 1989.
322. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Human intravascular immunoglobulin responses to exercise-heat and hypohydration. Aviat Space Environ Med 60:634-638, 1989.
323. Klausner JM, Morel N, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Eberlein TJ, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. The rapid induction by interleukin-2 of pulmonary microvascular permeability. Ann Surg 209:119-128, 1989.
324. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Gray AD, Cassidy GP, Leavy ME, Dennis RC, Melaragno AJ, Niehoff J, Yeston N, Emerson CP, Altschule MD. The safety and therapeutic effectiveness of human red cells stored at -80C for as long as 21 years. Transfusion 29:429-437, 1989.
325. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Morel NML, Goldman G, Gray AD, Valeri CR, Eberlein TJ, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Role of thromboxane in interleukin 2-induced lung injury in sheep. Cancer Research 49:3542-3549, 1989.
326. Katzir A, Bowman HF, Asfour Y, Zur A, Valeri CR. Infrared fibers for radiometer thermometry in hypothermia and hyperthermia treatment. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 36:634-637, 1989.
327. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Oxygen free radicals mediate ischemia-induced lung injury. Surgery 105:192-199, 1989.
328. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Rodzen C, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Vasodilating prostaglandins attenuate ischemic renal injury only if thromboxane is inhibited. Ann Surg 209:219-224, 1989.
329. Valeri CR. Effects of preservation on the quality of baboon red blood cells, platelets, and plasma proteins. J Invest Surg 2:223-226, 1989.
330. Sawka MN, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ, Dennis RC, Valeri CR, Pandolf KB. Control of thermoregulatory sweating during exercise in the heat. Am J Physiol 257: (Regulatory Integrative Comp Physiol 26): R311-R316, 1989.
331. Paterson IS, Klausner JM, Goldman G, Pugatch R, Feingold H, Allen P, Mannick JA, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Pulmonary edema after aneurysm surgery is modified by mannitol. Ann Surg 210:796-801, 1989.
332. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Rodzen C, Lawrence R, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Postischemic renal injury is mediated by neutrophils and leukotrienes. Am J Physiol 256:F794-F802, 1989.
333. Zur A, Yekuel A, Drizlikh S, Bowman HF, Katzir A, Valeri CR. Improved infrared fiberoptic radiometer for thermometry in electromagnetic induced heating. SPIE, Optical Fibers in Medicine, 1067:75-82, 1989.
334. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Leukotrienes but not complement mediate limb ischemia-induced lung injury. Ann Surg 209:462-470, 1989.
335. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane A2 mediates increased pulmonary microvascular permeability following limb ischemia. Circ Res 64:1178-1189, 1989.
336. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Mannick JA, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Reperfusion pulmonary edema. JAMA 261:1030-1035, 1989.
337. Paterson IS, Klausner JM, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Welbourn R, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane mediates the ischemia-induced neutrophil oxidative burst. Surgery 106:224-229, 1989.
338. Lieberthal W, Vogel WM, Apstein CS, Valeri CR: Studies of the mechanism of the vasoconstrictor activity of stroma-free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney and rabbit heart. Prog Clin Biol Res 319:407-420, 1989.
339. Khabbaz KR, Krisanda J, Wolfe JA, Axford TC, Dearani JA, Marquardt C, Neuringer L, Valeri CR, Khuri SF. Simultaneous in vivo measurements of intracellular and extracellular myocardial pH during repeated episodes of ischemia. Current Surgery 46:399-400, 1989.
340. Belkin M, Valeri CR, Hobson RW II. Intraarterial urokinase increases skeletal muscle viability after acute ischemia. J Vasc Surg 9:161-168, 1989.1990 - 1999
341. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Ischemia activates neutrophils but inhibits their local and remote diapedesis. Ann Surg 211:196-201, 1990.
342. Lieberthal W, Sheridan A, Valeri CR. Protective effect of atrial natriuretic factor and mannitol following renal ischemia. Am J Physiol (Renal Fluid and Electrolyte Physiol): 258:R1266-R1272, 1990.
343. McKenney J, Valeri CR, Mohandas N, Fortier N, Giorgio A, Snyder LM. Decreased in vivo survival of hydrogen peroxide-damaged baboon red blood cells. Blood 76:206-211, 1990.
344. Welbourn R, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Involvement of thromboxane and neutrophils in multiple-system organ edema with interleukin-2. Ann Surg 212:728-733, 1990.
345. Welbourn R, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Paterson I, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Neutrophil adherence receptors (CD 18) in ischemia. Dissociation between quantitative cell surface expression and diapedesis mediated by leukotriene B4. J Immunol 145:1906-1911, 1990.
346. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Alexander S, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Attenuation of acid aspiration edema with phalloidin. Am J Physiol 259:L378-L383, 1990.
347. Jemmott JB 3rd, Hellman C, McClelland DC, Locke SE, Kraus L, Williams RM, Valeri CR. Motivational syndromes associated with natural killer cell activity. J Behav Med 13:53-73, 1990.
348. Crowley JP, Valeri CR, Metzger JB, Pono L, Chazan JA. Lymphocyte subpopulations in long-term dialysis patients: a case-controlled study of the effects of blood transfusion. Transfusion 30:644-647, 1990.
349. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Paterson IS, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Ischemia-induced neutrophil activation and diapedesis is lipoxygenase dependent. Surgery 107:428-433, 1990.
350. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Tumor necrosis factor-a mediates acid aspiration-induced systemic organ injury. Ann Surg 212:513-520, 1990.
351. Gray AD, Akin MT, McLean R, Valeri CR. Evaluation of the Quantitative Buffy Coat (QBC) method to detect malaria-infected red blood cells. Military Medicine 156:241-245, 1991.
352. Welbourn R, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB, Shepro D. Attenuation of IL-2-induced multisystem organ edema by phalloidin and antamanide. J Appl Physiol 70:1364-1368, 1991.
353. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Alexander S, Klausner JM, Wiles M, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Modulation of pulmonary permeability in vivo with agents that affect the cytoskeleton. Surgery 109:533-538, 1991.
354. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane mediates diapedesis after ischemia by activation of neutrophil adhesion receptors interacting with basally expressed intercellular adhesion molecule-1. Circ Res 68:1013-1019, 1991.
355. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Lelcuk S, Skornick Y, Eberlein T, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Interleukin-2-induced lung injury is mediated by oxygen free radicals. Surgery 109:169-175, 1991.
356. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Intravascular chemoattractants inhibit diapedesis by selective receptor occupancy. Am J Physiol 260:H465-H472, 1991.
357. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Pompei F, Khuri SF. Acquired abnormalities of platelet function. Letter to the Editor. NEJM 324:1670, 1991.
358. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Thromboxane A2 induces leukotriene B4 synthesis that in turn mediates neutrophil diapedesis via CD 18 activation. Microvasc Res 41:367-375, 1991.
359. Welbourn CRB, Goldman G, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Pathophysiology of ischaemia reperfusion injury: central role of the neutrophil. Br J Surg 78:651-655, 1991.
360. Fisher JB, Dennis RC, Valeri CR, Woodson J, Doyle JE, Walsh LM, Pivacek L, Giorgio A, LaMorte WW, Menzoian JO. Effect of graft material on loss of erythrocytes after aortic operations. Surg Gynec Obstet 173:131-136, 1991.
361. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Neutrophil accumulations due to pulmonary thromboxane synthesis mediate acid aspiration injury. J Appl Physiol 70:1511-1517, 1991.
362. Welbourn R, Goldman G, O'Riordain M, Lindsay TF, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Role for tumor necrosis factor as mediator of lung injury following lower torso ischemia. J Appl Physiol 70:2645-2649, 1991.
363. Lieberthal W, McGarry AE, Sheils J, Valeri CR. Nitric oxide inhibition in rats improves blood pressure and renal function during hypovolemic shock. Am J Physiol 261:F868-F872, 1991.
364. Crowley JP, Valeri CR, Metzger J, Gray A, Schooneman F, Man NK, Merrill E: The estimation of whole blood viscosity by a porous bed method. Am J Clin Pathol 96:729-737, 1991.
365. Faris PM, Ritter MA, Keating EM, Valeri CR. Unwashed filtered shed blood collected after knee and hip arthroplasties: A source of autologous red blood cells. J Bone & Joint Surg 73A:1169-1178, 1991.
366. Welbourn CRB, Goldman G, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Neutrophil elastase and oxygen radicals: synergism in lung injury after hindlimb ischemia. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol 29)260H:1851-1856, 1991.
367. Ichikura T, Tamakuma S, Ito H, Tomimatsu S, Valeri CR. [Effects of syngeneic preserved blood cells on metastatic growth of the Lewis lung carcinoma.] Nippon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 92(6):734-9, 1991 (Japanese).
368. Crowley JP, Valeri CR, Metzger JB, Pono L, Chazan J. Hemoglobin and 2,3-diphosphoglycerate levels in transfused dialysis patients with myocardial infarction. Ann Clin Lab Science 23:11-17, 1992.
369. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Pivacek, L, Valeri CR. The effect of viable and nonviable autologous red blood cell transfusions on experimental bacteremia. Circ Shock 36:31-37, 1992.
370. Horowitz B, Rywkin S, Margolis-Nunno H, Williams, B, Geacintov N, Prince AM, Pascual D, Ragno G, Valeri CR, Huima-Byron T. Inactivation of viruses in red cell and platelet concentrates with aluminum phthalocyanine (AlPc) sulfonates. Blood Cells 18:141-150, 1992.
371. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Pandolf KB, Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Erythrocyte, plasma, and blood volume of healthy young men. Med Sci Sports Exerc 24:447-453, 1992.
372. Stamler JS, Jaraki O, Osborne J, Simon DI, Keaney J, Vita J, Singel D, Valeri CR, Loscalzo J. Nitric oxide circulates in mammalian plasma primarily as an S-nitroso adduct of serum albumin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89:7674-7677, 1992.
373. Crowley JP, Metzger JB, Merrill EW, Valeri CR. Whole blood viscosity in beta thalassemia minor. Ann Clin Lab Sci 22:229-235, 1992.
374. Axford TC, Dearani JA, Khait I, Park WM, Patel MA, Doursounian M, Neuringer L, Valeri CR, Khuri SF. Electrode-derived myocardial pH measurements reflect intracellular myocardial metabolism assessed by phosphorus 31-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy during normothermic ischemia. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 103:902-907, 1992.
375. Khuri SF, Wolfe JA, Josa M, Axford TC, Szymanski I, Assousa S, Ragno G, Patel M, Silverman A, Park M, Valeri CR. Hematologic changes during and after cardiopulmonary bypass and their relationship to the bleeding time and nonsurgical blood loss. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg l04:94-107, 1992.
376. Valeri CR, Khabbaz K, Khuri SF, Marquardt C, Ragno G, Feingold H, Gray AD, Axford T. Effect of skin temperature on platelet function in patients undergoing extracorporeal bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surgery 104:108-116, 1992.
377. Cordts PR, LaMorte WW, Fisher JB, DelGuercio C, Niehoff J, Pivacek LE, Dennis RC, Siebens H, Giorgio A, Valeri CR, Menzoian JO. Poor predictive value of hematocrit and hemodynamic parameters for erythrocyte deficits after extensive elective vascular operations. Surg Gynec Obstet 175:243-248, 1992.
378. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Rothlein R, Wiles M, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Adherent neutrophils mediate permeability after atelectasis. Ann Surg 216:372-380, 1992.
379. Welbourn R, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Role of neutrophil adherence receptors (CD 18) in lung permeability following lower torso ischemia. Circ Res 71:82-86, 1992.
380. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Reactive oxygen species and elastase mediate lung permeability after acid aspiration. J Appl Physiol 73:571-575, 1992.
381. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Mast cells and leukotrienes mediate neutrophil sequestration and lung edema after remote ischemia in rodents. Surgery 112:578-586, 1992.
382. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Synergism between leukotriene B4 and thromboxane A2 in mediating acid-aspiration injury. Surgery 111:55-61, 1992.
383. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Oxygen free radicals are required for ischemia-induced leukotriene B4 synthesis and diapedesis. Surgery 111:287-293, 1992.
384. Hill J, Lindsay T, Rusche J, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. A MAC-1 antibody reduces liver and lung injury but not neutrophil sequestration after intestinal ischemia-reperfusion. Surgery 112:166-172, 1992.
385. Lindsay TF, Hill J, Ortiz F, Rudolph A, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB, Moore Jr FD. Blockade of complement activation prevents local and pulmonary albumin leak after lower torso ischemia-reperfusion. Ann Surg 216:677-683, 1992.
386. Hill J, Lindsay TF, Simpson R, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Disseminated intravascular coagulation but not fibrinolysis follows intestinal ischemia. Surgical Forum 43:42-43, 1992.
387. Dittmer J, Ichikura T, Pivacek LE, Giorgio A, Prusty S, Valeri CR. Intravascular circulation and distribution of human 51Cr-DBBF stroma-free hemoglobin. Biomater Artif Cells Immobilization Biotechnol 20(2-4):751-5, 1992.
388. Vogel WM, Cassidy G, Valeri CR. Effects of o-raffinose-polymerized human hemoglobin on coronary tone and cardiac function in isolated hearts. Biomater Artif Cells Immobilization Biotechnol 20(2-4):673-7, 1992.
389. Lieberthal W, La Raia J, Valeri CR. Role of thromboxane in mediating the intrarenal vasoconstriction induced by unmodified stroma free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney. Biomater Artif Cells Immobilization Biotechnol 20(2-4)663-7, 1992.
390. Blevins FT, Shaw B, Valeri CR, Kasser J, Hall J. Reinfusion of shed blood after orthopaedic procedures in children and adolescents. J Bone & Joint Surg 75-A:363-371, 1993.
391. Crowley JP, Chazan JA, Metzger JB, Pono L, Valeri CR. Blood rheology and 2,3-diphosphoglycerate levels after erythropoietin treatment. Ann Clin Lab Sci 23:24-32, 1993.
392. Kestin AS, Valeri CR, Khuri SF, Loscalzo J, Ellis PA, MacGregor H, Birjiniuk V, Ouimet H, Pasche B, Nelson MJ, Benoit SE, Rodino LJ, Barnard MR, Michelson AD. The platelet function defect of cardiopulmonary bypass. Blood 82:107-117, 1993.
393. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Gray A, Pivacek LE, Cassidy G, Valeri CR. Infusion of stroma-free cross-linked hemoglobin during acute gram-negative bacteremia. Circ Shock 41:144-149, 1993.
394. Young AJ, Sawka MN, Quigley MD, Cadarette BS, Neufer PD, Dennis RC, Valeri CR. Role of thermal factors on aerobic capacity improvements with endurance training. J Appl Physiol 75:49-54, 1993.
395. Merrill EW, Crowley JP, Valeri CR. Rapid and simple measurement of apparent whole blood viscosity. Lab Medica Int 10:19-24, 1993.
396. Healy WL, Wasilewski SA, Pfeifer BA, Kurtz SR, Hallack GN, Valerio M, Valeri CR. Methylmethacrylate monomer and fat content in shed blood after total joint arthroplasty. Clin Ortho Rel Res 286:15-17, 1993.
397. Simpson R, Alon R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Neutrophil and nonneutrophil-mediated injury in intestinal ischemia-reperfusion. Ann Surg 218:444-453, 1993.
398. Hill J, Lindsay T, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. A CD18 antibody prevents lung injury but not hypotension after intestinal ischemia-reperfusion. J Appl Physiol 74:659-664, 1993.
399. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Leukocytes mediate acid aspiration-induced multiorgan edema. Surgery 114:13-20, 1993.
400. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Lavage with leukotriene B4 induces lung generation of tumor necrosis factor-a that in turn mediates neutrophil diapedesis. Surgery 113:297-303, 1993.
401. Simpson R, Alon R, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Integrin dependent neutrophil adhesion following gut ischemia and reperfusion. Behring Inst Mitt 92:210-217, 1993.
402. Valeri CR. Transfusion medicine and surgical practice. Bull Am Coll Surg 78(9):19-24, 1993.
403. Healy WL, Pfeifer BA, Kurtz SR, Johnson C, Johnson W, Johnston R, Sanders D, Karpman R, Hallack GN, Valeri CR. Evaluation of autologous shed blood for autotransfusion after orthopaedic surgery. Clin Ortho Rel Res Number 99, pps 53-59, February 1994.
404. Axford TC, Dearani JA, Ragno G, MacGregor H, Patel MA, Valeri CR, Khuri SF. Safety and therapeutic effectiveness of reinfused shed blood after open heart surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 57:615-622, 1994.
405. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Assaf A, Carleton RC, Merrill E, Valeri CR. Low density lipoprotein cholesterol and whole blood viscosity. Ann Clin Lab Sci 24:533-541, 1994.
406. Michelson AD, MacGregor H, Barnard MR, Kestin AS, Rohrer MJ, Valeri CR. Reversible inhibition of human platelet activation by hypothermia in vivo and in vitro. J Thrombosis and Haemostasis 5:633-640, 1994.
407. Thompson A, McGarry AE, Valeri CR, Lieberthal W. Stroma free hemoglobin increases blood pressure and GFR in the hypotensive rat: role of nitric oxide. J Appl Physiol 77:2348-2354, 1994.
408. Rosenblatt MS, Hirsch EF, Valeri CR. Frozen red blood cells in combat casualty care: Clinical and logistical considerations. Milit Med 159:392-397, 1994
409. Weiser MR, Gibbs SAL, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. P-selectin mediates local reperfusion injury after lower torso ischemia. Surgical Forum 45:389-391, 1994.
410. Mitchell JD, Lee R, Hodakowski GT, Neya K, Harringer W, Valeri CR, Vlahakes GJ. Prevention of postoperative pericardial adhesions with a hyaluronic acid coating solution: Experimental safety and efficacy studies. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 107:1481-1488, 1994.
411. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Neutrophil adhesion receptor CD18 mediates remote but not localized acid aspiration injury. Surgery 17:83-89, 1995.
412. Rodriguez AA, Gardner GP, LaMorte WW, Obi-Tabot ET, Valeri CR, Hirsch EF. Comparison of skeletal muscle laser Doppler flowmetry to changes in central hemodynamics in detecting the physiological response to moderate hemorrhage. J Surg Res 58:189-192, 1995.
413. Kiefer CR, Trainor JF, McKenney JB, Valeri CR, Snyder LM. Hemoglobin-spectrin complexes: Interference with spectrin tetramer assembly as a mechanism for compartmentalization of Band 1 and Band 2 complexes. Blood 86:366-371, 1995.
414. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Cassidy G, Tinney R, Pompei F. Effects of temperature on bleeding time and clotting time in normal male and female volunteers. Crit Care Med 23:698-704, 1995.
415. Martin D, Garcia J, Valeri CR, Khuri SF. The effects of normothermic and hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass on defibrillation energy requirements and transmyocardial impedance. Implications for implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implantation. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 109:981-988, 1995.
416. Freund BJ, Montain SJ, Young AJ, Sawka MN, DeLuca JP, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Glycerol hyperhydration: Hormonal, renal and vascular fluid responses. J Appl Physiol 79:2069-2077, 1995.
417. Thompson A, Valeri CR, Lieberthal W. Endothelin receptor A blockade alters hemodynamic response to nitric oxide inhibition in rats. Am J Physiol 269 (Heart and Circ Physiol 38):H-743-H748, 1995.
418. Fast LD, Valeri CR, Crowley JP. Immune responses to major histocompatibility complex homozygous lymphoid cells in murine F1 hybrid recipients: Implications for transfusion-associated graft-versus-host disease. Blood 86:3090-3096, 1995.
419. Khuri SF, Valeri CR, Loscalzo J, Weinstein MJ, Birjiniuk V, Healey NA, MacGregor H, Doursounian M, Zolkewitz MA. Heparin causes platelet dysfunction and induces fibrinolysis before cardiopulmonary bypass. Ann Thorac Surg 60:1008-14, 1995.
420. Freedman JE, Loscalzo J, Benoit SE, Valeri CR, Barnard MR, Michelson AD. Decreased platelet inhibition by nitric oxide in two brothers with a history of arterial thrombosis. J Clin Invest 97:979-987, 1996.
421. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE. Effects of the temperature, the duration of frozen storage, and the freezing container on in vitro measurements in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Transfusion 36:303-308, 1996.
422. Young AJ, Sawka MN, Muza SR, Boushel R, Lyons T, Rock PB, Freund BJ, Waters R, Cymerman A, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Effects of erythrocyte infusion on VO2max at high altitude. J Appl Physiol 81:252-259, 1996.
423. Gibbs SAL, Weiser MR, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. P-selectin mediates intestinal ischemic injury by enhancing complement deposition. Surgery 119:652-656, 1996.
424. Weiser MR, Gibbs SAL, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Anti-selectin therapy modifies skeletal muscle ischemia and reperfusion injury. Shock 5:402-407, 1996.
425. Upchurch GR, Valeri CR, Khuri SF, Rohrer MJ, Welch GN, MacGregor H, Ragno G, Francis S, Rodino LJ, Michelson AD, Loscalzo J. Effect of heparin on fibrinolytic activity and platelet function in vivo. Am J Physiol 271 (Heart Circ Physiol 40): H528-H534. 1996.
426. Vander Salm TJ, Kaur S, Lancey RA, Okike ON, Pezzella AT, Stahl RF, Leone L, Li J-M, Valeri CR, Michelson AD. Reduction of bleeding after heart operations through the prophylactic use of epsilon-aminocaproic acid. J Thorac Cardiovas Surg 112:1098-1107, 1996.
427. Lieberthal W, Thompson A, Valeri CR. Effects of nitric oxide inhibition on systemic and renal hemodynamics in the hemorrhaged rat. Kidney Blood Res 19:340-346, 1996.
428. Michelson AD, Barnard MR, Hechtman HB, MacGregor H, Connolly RJ, Loscalzo J, Valeri CR. In vivo tracking of platelets: circulating degranulated platelets rapidly lose surface P-selectin but continue to circulate and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93:11877-11882, 1996.
429. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Rock PB, Lyons TP, Boushel R, Freund BJ, Muza SR, Cymerman A, Dennis RC, Pandolf KB, Valeri CR. Altitude acclimatization and blood volume: Effects of exogenous erythrocyte volume expansion. J Appl Physiol 81:636-642, 1996.
430. Valeri CR, Ragno G, MacGregor H, Pivacek LE. The effect of disinfection on viability and function of baboon red blood cells. Photochem Photobiol 65:446-450, 1997.
431. Waugh RE, McKenney JB, Bauserman RG, Brooks DM, Valeri CR, Snyder LM. Surface area and volume changes during maturation of reticulocytes in the circulation of the baboon. J Lab Clin Med 129:527-535, 1997.
432. Crowley JP, Metzger JB, Valeri CR. The volume of blood shed during the bleeding time correlates with the peripheral venous hematocrit. Am J Clin Pathol 108:579-584, 1997.
433. Montain SJ, Sawka MN, Latzka WA, Valeri CR. Thermal and cardiovascular strain from hypohydration: influence of exercise intensity. Int J Sports Med 19:87-91, 1998.
434. Furman MI, Benoit SE, Barnard MR, Valeri CR, Borbone ML, Becker RC, Hechtman HB, Michelson AD. Increased platelet reactivity and circulating monocyte-platelet aggregates in patients with stable coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 31:352-358, 1998.
435. Valeri CR, Crowley JP, Loscalzo. The red cell transfusion trigger: has a sin of commission now become a sin of omission? Transfusion 38:602-610, 1998.
436. Kiefer CR, McKenney JB, Trainor JF, Lambrecht RW, Bonkovsky HL, Lifshitz LM, Valeri CR and Snyder LM. Porphyrin loading of lipofuscin granules in inflamed striated muscle. Am J Path 153:703-708, 1998.
437. Peyton BD, Rohrer MJ, Furman MI, Barnard MR, Rodino LJ, Benoit SE, Hechtman HB, Valeri CR, Michelson AD. Patients with venous stasis ulceration have increased monocyte-platelet aggregation. J Vasc Surg 27:1109-1116, 1998.
438. Pandolf KB, Young AJ, Sawka MN, Kenney JL, Sharp MW, Cote RR, Freund BJ, Valeri CR. Does erythrocyte infusion improve 3.2-km run performance at high altitude? Europ J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol 79:1-6, 1998.
439. Michelson AD, Barnard MR, Khuri SF, Rohrer MJ, MacGregor H, Valeri CR. The effects of aspirin and hypothermia on platelet function in vivo. Br J Haematol 104:64-68, 1999.
440. Khuri SF, Healey N, MacGregor H, Barnard MR, Szymanski IO, Birjiniuk V, Michelson AD, Gagnon DR, Valeri CR. Comparison of the effects of transfusions of cryopreserved and liquid-preserved platelets on hemostasis and blood loss after cardiopulmonary bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 117:172-184, 1999.
441. O'Neill EM, Rowley J, Hansson-Wicher M, McCarter S, Ragno G, Valeri CR. Effect of 24-hour whole-blood storage on plasma clotting factors. Transfusion 39:488-491, 1999.
442. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Freedman JE, Toolan G, Loscalzo J, Valeri CR. O-raffinose cross-linking markedly reduces systemic and renal vasoconstrictor effects of unmodified human hemoglobin. J Pharmac Exp Therap 288:1278-1287, 1999.
443. Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Mercier R, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Hechtman HB, Michelson AD, Valeri CR. Platelet surface p-selectin, platelet-granulocyte heterotypic aggregates, and plasma soluble p-selectin during plateletpheresis. Transfusion 39:735-741, 1999.
444. Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Khuri SF, Michelson AD, Valeri CR. Fresh, liquid-preserved, and cryopreserved platelets: adhesive surface receptors and membrane procoagulant activity. Transfusion 39:880-888, 1999.
445. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Crowley JP. Transfusion medicine (letter, comment). NEJM 341:124-127, 1999.2000 - 2003
446. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. Posttransfusion survival (24-hour) and hemolysis of previously frozen, deglycerolized RBCs after storage at 4 C for up to 14 days in sodium chloride alone or sodium chloride supplemented with additive solutions. Transfusion 40:1337-1340, 2000.
447. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. The survival, function, and hemolysis of human RBCs stored at 4 C in additive solution (AS-1, AS-3, or AS-5) for 42 days and then biochemically modified, frozen, thawed, washed, and stored at 4 C in sodium chloride and glucose solution for 24 hours. Transfusion 40:1341-1345, 2000.
448. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Srey R, Hansson-Wicher M, Leavy ME. An experiment with glycerol-frozen red blood cells stored at -80 C for up to 37 years. Vox Sang 79:168-174, 2000.
449. Ben-Hur E, Chan WS, Yim Z, Zuk MM, Dayal V, Roth N,Heldman E, Lazo A, Valeri CR, Horowitz B. Photochemical decontamination of red blood cell concentrates with the silicon phthalocyanine PC 4 and red light. Developments in Biological Standardization 102:149-155, 2000.
450. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Andry C, Valeri CR. Effects of hemoglobin-based oxygen-carrying solutions in anesthetized rats with acute ischemic renal failure. J Lab Clin Med 135:73-81, 2000.
451. Woodcock SA, Kyriakides C, Wang Y, Austen WG Jr, Moore FD Jr, Valeri CR, Hartwell D, Hechtman HB. Soluble p-selectin moderates complement dependent injury. Shock 14:610-615, 2000.
452. Valeri CR, Ichikura T, Pivacek LE, Giorgio A, Prusty S, Dittmer J. Intravascular circulation and distribution of human 51Cr-DBBF stroma-free hemoglobin, 51Cr-plasma, 51Cr-saline, 59Fe-plasma, and 125I-albumin in the mouse. Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes, & Immobilization Biotechnology 28:451-475, 2000.
453. Kyriakides C, Woodcock SA, Wang Y, Favuzza J, Austen Jr WG, Kobzik L, Moore FD, Valeri CR, Shepro D, Hechtman HB. Soluble p-selectin moderates complement-dependent reperfusion injury of ischemic skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C520-C528, 2000.
454. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. In vitro and in vivo measurements of human RBCs frozen with glycerol and subjected to various storage temperatures before deglycerolization and storage at 4 C for 3 days. Transfusion 41:401-405, 2001.
455. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. In vitro and in vivo measurements of gamma-radiated, frozen, glycerolized RBCs. Transfusion 41:545-549, 2001.
456. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Srey R, Hess JR, Lippert LE, Mettille F, Fahie R, O'Neill EM, Szymanski IO. A multicenter study of in vitro and in vivo values in human RBCs frozen with 40-percent (wt/vol) glycerol and stored after deglycerolization for 15 days at 4 C in AS-3: assessment of RBC processing in the ACP 215. Transfusion 41:933-939, 2001.
457. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, O'Neill EM. In vivo survival of apheresis RBCs, frozen with 40-percent (wt/vol) glycerol, deglycerolized in the ACP 215, and stored at 4 C in AS-3 for up to 21 days. Transfusion 41:928-932, 2001.
458. Valeri CR, Cassidy G, Pivacek LE, Ragno G, Lieberthal W, Crowley JP, Khuri SF, Loscalzo J. Anemia-induced increase in the bleeding time: implications for treatment of nonsurgical blood loss. Transfusion 41:977-983, 2001.
459. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. 24-hour 51Cr post-transfusion survival, 51Cr life span and haemolysis of red blood cells stored at 4 C for 56 days in AS-3. Vox Sang 80:48-50, 2001.
460. O'Neill EM, Zalewski WM, Eaton LJ, Popovsky MA, Pivacek LE, Ragno G, Valeri CR. Autologous platelet-rich plasma isolated using the Haemonetics Cell Saver 5 and Haemonetics MCS+ for the preparation of platelet gel. Vox Sang 81:172-175, 2001.
461. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Ragno G. The quality of RBC stored in CPD/ADSOL (letter). Transfusion 41:1072-73, 2001.
462. Michelson AD, Barnard MR, Krueger LA, Valeri CR, Furman I. Circulating monocyte-platelet aggregates are a more sensitive marker of in vivo platelet activation than platelet surface P-selectin: Studies in baboons, human coronary intervention, and human acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 104(13):1533-7, 2001.
463. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Dennis RC, Hechtman HB, Khuri SF. Survival and function of baboon RBCs released from clotted blood and washed before autologous transfusion. Transfusion 41:1384-1389, 2001.
464. Valeri CR, Dennis RC, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, Hechtman HB, Khuri SF. Survival, function, and hemolysis of shed red blood cells processed as nonwashed blood and washed red blood cells. Ann Thoracic Surg 72:1598-1602, 2001.
465. Battinelli E, Willoughby SR, Foxall T, Valeri CR, Loscalzo J. Induction of platelet formation from megakaryocytoid cells by nitric oxide. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98(25):14458-63, 2001.
466. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Andry CC, Rennke H, Abernathy VA, Koh JS, Valeri CR, Levine JS. Rapamycin impairs recovery from acute renal failure: role of cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis of tubular cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F693-F706, 2001.
467. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Alam H, Rhee P, Szebeni J, Hechtman HB, Favuzza J, Veech RL, Valeri CR. Comparison of the effects of a 50% exchange-transfusion with albumin, hetastarch and modified hemoglobin solutions. Shock 17:61-69, 2002.
468. Purmal A, Valeri CR, Dzik W, Pivacek L, Ragno G, Lazo A, Chapman J. Process for the preparation of pathogen-inactivated RBC concentrates using PEN110 chemistry: Preclinical studies. Transfusion 42:139-145, 2002.
469. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy GP, Ragno G. Volume of RBCs, 24- and 48-hour posttransfusion survivals, and the lifespan of (51)Cr and biotin-X-N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-labeled autologous baboons RBCs: effect of the anticoagulant and blood pH on (51)Cr and biotin-X-NHS elution in vivo. Transfusion 42:343-8, 2002.
470. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Giorgio A, Ragno G: Circulation and hemostatic function of autologous fresh, liquid preserved, and cryopreserved baboon platelets transfused to correct an aspirin-induced thrombocytopathy. Transfusion 42:1206-16, 2002.
471. Valeri C: Status report on the quality of liquid and frozen red blood cells. Vox Sang 83(1):193-196, 2002.
472. Valeri CR, Giorgio A, MacGregor H, Ragno G. Circulation and distribution of autotransfused fresh, liquid-preserved and cryopreserved baboon platelets. Vox Sang 83:347-351, 2002
473. Valeri CR, Lane J, Srey R, Ragno G. Incidence of breakage of human RBCs
frozen with 40 percent wt/vol glycerol using two different methods for storage at -80 C. Transfusion 43 (3):411-414, 2003.
474. Koustova E, Rhee P, Hancock T, Chen H, Inocencio R, Valeri CR, Alam HB. Ketone and pyruvate Ringer's solutions decrease pulmonary apoptosis in a rat model of severe hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation. Surgery 134(2):267-274, 2003.
475. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Srey R. Restoration of red blood cell volume following 2-unit red blood cell apheresis. Vox Sang 85(2):85-7, 2003.
476. Valeri CR, Srey R, Lane JP, Ragno G. Effect of WBC reduction and storage temperature on PLTs frozen with 6 percent DMSO for as long as 3 years. Transfusion 43(8):1162-7, 2003.
477. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Giorgio A, Srey R, Ragno G. Comparison of radioisotope methods and a non-radioisotope method to measure the RBC volume and RBC survival in the baboon. Transfusion 43(10): 1366-1373, 2003
478. Valeri CR, Khuri S, Ragno G. Role of Hct in the treatment of thrombocytopenic patients. Letter to the Editor. Transfusion 43:1761-1762, 2003.
479. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Marks PE, Kuter DJ, Rosenberg RD, Stossel TP. Effect of thrombopoietin alone and a combination of cytochalasin B and ethylene and glycol bis (beta-aminoethyl ether) N, N'-tetraacetic acid-AM on the survival and function of autologous baboon platelets stored at 4C for as long as 5 days. Transfusion 44:865-870, 2004.
480. Valeri CR, Srey R, Tilahun D, Ragno G. In vitro effects of polymerized N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG) on the activation of platelets in platelet rich plasma with and without red blood cells. J Trauma (suppl) 57:S22-S25, 2004.
481. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Popovsky MA: Red cell freezing and its impact on the supply chain. Letter to the Editor Transfusion Medicine 14:1-2, 2004.
482. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Barnard MR, Summaria L, Michelson AD, Ragno G. In vitro testing of fresh and lyophilized reconstituted human and baboon platelets. Transfusion 44:1505-1512, 2004.
483. Valeri CR, Srey R, Tilahun D, Ragno G. In vitro quality of red
blood cells frozen with 40% W/V glycerol at -80C for 14 years, deglycerolized
with the Haemonetics ACP 215, and stored at 4C in additive solution-1
or additive solution-3 for up to 3 weeks. Transfusion 44:990-995, 2004.
485. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Barnard MR, Summaria L, Michelson AD, Ragno G. Survival of biotin-X-NHS and 111-in-oxine-labeled autologous fresh and lyophilized reconstituted baboon platelets. Vox Sang 88(2):122-129, 2005.
486. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Giorgio A, Ragno G: Comparison of radioisotope methods and a non-radioisotope method to measure platelet survival in the baboon. Transfusion and Apheresis Science 2005.
487. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Ragno G. Correlation between in vitro aggregation and thromboxane A2 production in fresh, liquid-preserved, and cryopreserved human platelets: Effects of agonists, pH, and plasma and saline resuspension. Transfusion 45:596-603, 2005.
488. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Giorgio A, Ragno G. Circulation and distribution of 111-in-oxine-labeled autologous baboon platelet aggregates and buffy coat. Transfusion and Apheresis Science 32:139-146, 2005.
489. Valeri CR, Ragno G: Breakage of RBC frozen with 40% W/V glycerol in 800 ml polyvinylchloride (PVC) plastic bags stored in rigid cardboard boxes at -80 C. Letter to the Editor Transfusion 2005.
490. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Gennaoui A, Khuri S. Freezing human platelets using 6% DMSO with removal of the supernatant solution prior to freezing and storage at -80C without post-thaw processing. Transfusion.
491. Valeri CR, Ragno G. Automation of the glycerolization of the RBC using the 275 ml high separation bowl in the Haemonetics ACP215 instrument. Transfusion (in press).
492. Valeri CR, Dennis RC, Ragno G, MacGregor H, Menzoian JO, Khuri SF. Study of the peripheral venous hematocrit: RBC volume, plasma volume and total blood volume in patients following vascular and cardiopulmonary bypass surgical procedures. Ann Thor Surg (submitted for publication).
493. Jaskille A, Koustova E, Rhee P, Britten-Web J, Chen H, Valeri CR, Kirkpatrick JR, Alam HB. Hepatic apostosis following hemorrhagic shock in rats can be reduced through modifications of conventional Ringer's solution. J Am Coll Surg (submitted for publication).
494. Chan RK, Liu P, Lew DH, Ibrahim SI, Srey R, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB, Orgill DP. Expired liquid preserved platelet releasates retain proliferative activity. J Surg Res (in press).
495. Birjiniuk V, Khuri SF, Healey N, Treanor P, Kumbhani DJ, Biswas KS, Hussaini BE, Crittenden MD, Valeri CR. A prospective study validating a new blood-conserving strategy in cardiac surgery. J Thor Cardiovasc Surg (submitted for publication).
496. Bonegio RGB, Fuhro R, Wang Z, Valeri CR, Andry C, Salant DJ, Lieberthal W. Rapamycin ameliorates proteinuria-associated tubulo-interstitial inflammation and fibrosis in experimental membranous nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrology (submitted for publication).
497. Valeri CR, Morse DS, Ragno G, Dennis RC. Hemostatic defect in baboons infused non-treated and treated autologous plasma. Transfusion (submitted for publication).
498. Valeri CR, Ragno G. The effect of storage of fresh frozen plasma at -80C for 2 years followed by storage at -20C for 15 months.
499. Valeri CR, Ragno G. The effect of storage of fresh frozen plasma at -80C for as long as 14 years on plasma clotting proteins.
500. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Veech RL. Effects of the resuscitation fluid and the HBOC excipient on the toxicity of the HBOC: Ringer's D, L-Lactate, Ringer's L-Lactate, and Ringer's ketone solutions.
501. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Ragno G, Valeri CR. Comparison of the effects of a 50% exchange transfusion in rats with pentastarch and two hemoglobin based oxygen carriers (HBOCs): Hemopure (tm) and Hemolink (tm). ISBS (submitted for publication).
502. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Ragno G, Healey N, Fonger J, Khuri SF. The effects of centrifugal and roller pumps on the survival of autologous red blood cells in patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. Ann Thor Surg (submitted for publication).
503. Valeri CR, Gennaoui A, Saleem B, Ragno G. Release of platelet derived growth factors and proliferation of fibroblasts in the releasates from platelets stored in the liquid state at 22C following stimulation with agonists. Transfusion (submitted for publication).
2003 Naval Blood Research Laboratory