747 - 4472 | Fax: (508) 759 - 2317
1. Vecchione JJ, Dobnik DB, Berger RL, Emerson CP and Valeri CR: Comparison of in vitro characteristics of intraoperatively shed blood, fresh whole blood and stored red blood cell concentrates. Technical Report 81-01.
2. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Kurtz SR, Vecchione JJ, Dennis RC, Melaragno AJ and Emerson CP: Human red blood cells frozen with 40 percent W/V glycerol in a special freezing container and washed by a modified protocol with sodium chloride solutions. Technical Report 81-02.
3. Vecchione, J.J., Melaragno AJ, W. Abdu, Emerson CP and Valeri CR: Clinical safety of dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) as a platelet cryopreservative. Technical Report 81-03.
4. Dennis RC, Goral AB, Valeri DA, Ellis CA, Emerson CP and Valeri CR: Viability, function, and hemolysis of 2,3 DPG-enriched red blood cells after perfusion in a cardioplegic solution for 3 hours. Technical Report 81-04.
5. Kurtz SR, Skrabut EM, Catsimpoolas N and Valeri CR: 51-Cr and DF-32-P labeling of human blood cells in leukocyte-rich plasma. Technical Report 81-05.
6. Hotte CE, Vecchione JJ, Ledig CB, Kelly JJ, Valeri CR, Callow AD, O'Donnell T and Kahn PC: Circulation and distribution of autotransfused baboon platelets labeled with 111-Indium-oxine. Technical Report 81-06.
7. Dennis RC, Talarico L, Sherman M, Holmes B, Paleos G, McCormack J, Berger R and Valeri CR: Effect of bubble and membrane oxygenators on red blood cells, platelets, plasma clotting proteins, micro-aggregates, oxygen transport and hemodynamics in patients undergoing aortic coronary bypass surgery. Technical Report 81-07.
8. Dennis RC, Valeri CR, Berger R, McCormack J, Davis Z, Hechtman HB and Manny J: Effects of moderate hemodilution on myocardial function and oxygen transport in patients with coronary artery disease. Technical Report 81-08.
9. Immerman KL, Melaragno AJ, Ouellet RP, Weinstein R, and Valeri CR: Morphology of glutaraldehyde-fixed preserved red blood cells and 24-hour posttransfusion survival. Technical Report 81-09.
10. Melaragno AJ, Abdu WA, Katchis RJ, Vecchione JJ, and Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of platelets isolated with the IBM 2997 blood cell separator: A rapid and simplified approach. Technical Report 81-10.
11. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Weiblen BJ, Abdu WA, Katchis R and Valeri CR: 51-Chromium labeling characteristics of human platelet concentrate studied using albumin density gradients. Technical Report 81-11.
12. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Weiblen BJ, Abdu WA, Katchis R, Rushin CA, and Valeri CR: Albumin density gradient studies of 111-In-oxine-labeled human and baboon platelets. Technical Report 81-12.
13. Vecchione JJ, Weiblen BJ, Melaragno AJ, Abdu WA, Katchis R and Valeri CR: Studies of 111-In-labeled baboon platelets and plasma and 131-I fibrinogen in the baboon. Technical Report 81-13.
14. Valeri CR, Sims KL, Bates JF, Reichman D, Lindberg JR, and Wilson AC: An integrated liquid-frozen blood banking system for operational facilities. Technical Report 82-01.
15. Valeri CR: The U. S. Navy's experience with resuscitation of wounded servicemen in Vietnam using frozen washed red blood cells - 1966-1973; developments from this experience. Technical Report 82-02.
16. Cotner P, Serrallach E, Catsimpoolas N and Valeri CR: Electrophoretic light scattering: Instrumentation and application to the measurement of the electric charge of human red blood cells. Technical Report 82-03.
17. Valeri CR: New developments in red cell preservation using liquid and freezing procedures. Technical Report 82-04.
18. Valeri CR: Blood transfusion therapy in patients with heart disease. Technical Report 82-05.
19. Melaragno AJ, Doty AJ, Dittmer J, Vecchione JJ, and Valeri CR: Therapeutic effectiveness of cryopreserved autologous platelets in the treatment of thrombocytopenic dogs. Technical Report 82-06.
20. Melaragno, A.J., Vecchione JJ, Katchis RJ, Abdu WA, Ouellet RP, Howell NC, Bernhard WF, and Valeri CR: The effect of an electrical left ventricular assist device on red blood cell and platelet survival in the cow. Technical Report 82-07.
21. Melaragno AJ, Hall S, Doty A, White JG and Valeri CR: Effects of liquid storage in a high pH anticoagulant on the circulation of baboon platelets. Technical Report 82-08.
22. Dennis, RC, Cassidy G, Jue K and Valeri CR: Comparison of an aqueous and a fluorocarbon blood gas control. Technical Report 82-09.
23. Colmer K, Mostacci J, Serrallach E, Catsimpoolas N and Valeri CR: Ektacytometry: Instrumentation and applications in red blood cell preservation studies. Technical Report 82-10.
24. Weiblen BJ, Melaragno AJ, Catsimpoolas N and Valeri CR: Measurement of the distribution of Indium-111 on human plasma proteins using chromatography and immunoprecipitation. Technical Report 82-11.
25. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Leavy PD, Contreras TJ and Lindberg JR: Monkey red blood cells frozen with 40% (W/V) glycerol and storage at -80 C. Technical Report 82-12.
26. Valeri CR, Ouellet R, Mostacci J, Harmening-Pittiglio D and Vecchione JJ: Phosphate ion exchange resin used in the liquid preservation of baboon red blood cells. Technical Report 82-13.
27. Valeri CR, Valeri DA, Gray A, Contreras TJ, and Lindberg JR: Freeze-preservation of horse red blood cells using 20% W/V glycerol and storage at -150 C for 5 years. Technical Report 82-14.
28. Dennis RC, Mostacci J, Rushin C, Cassidy G, Jue K, and Valeri CR: Use of small aliquots of frozen red blood cells as controls for in vitro P50 measurements over extended periods. Technical Report 82-15.
29. Catsimpoolas, N, Cooke C and Valeri CR: BLISS: A computer program for the protection of blood donors. Technical Report 82-16.
30. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Ouellet R, and Gray A: A comparison of methods used for determination of the 100% survival of preserved red blood cells. Technical Report 82-17.
31. Costa JL, Rushin C, Vecchione JJ, and Valeri CR: Factors governing the subcellular distribution of Indium-111 in human platelets. Technical Report 82-18.
32. Valeri CR, Dennis RC, Melaragno AJ and Altschule MD: Resuscitation of hypothermic-hypovolemic-hypotensive baboons. Technical Report 82-19.
33. Apstein CS, Dennis RC, Briggs L, Vogel WM, Frazer J and Valeri CR: Effect of red blood cell storage on cardiac performance: Improved myocardial oxygen delivery and function during constant flow coronary perfusion with low oxy-hemoglobin affinity human red blood cells in normothermic and hypothermic rabbit hearts. Technical Report 83-01.
34. Melaragno AJ, Hall S, Immerman K, Stevens F, Lahive J, Horland AA and Valeri CR: Mean platelet volume and platelet immunofluorescence as indicators of platelet compatibility. Technical Report 83-02.
35. Melaragno AJ, Dennis RC, Feingold H, Doty A, Collins L, Schulz ML, Riordan W, Bellini L, Williams J, Gunn L and Valeri CR: The effect of hypothermia on hemostasis in the baboon. Technical Report 83-03.
36. Thompson CB, Love DG, Quinn PG, and Valeri CR: Platelet size does not correlate with age. Technical Report 83-04.
37. Thompson CB, Jakubowski JA, Quinn PG, Deykin D and Valeri CR: Platelet size as a determinant of platelet function. Technical Report 83-05.
38. Thompson CB, Diaz DD, Quinn PG, Lapins M, Kurtz SR and Valeri CR: The role of anticoagulation in the measurement of platelet volumes. Technical Report 83-06.
39. Jakubowski JA, Thompson CB, Vaillancourt R, Valeri CR and Deykin D: Arachidonic acid metabolism by platelets of differing size. Technical Report 83-07.
40. Thompson CB, Eaton KA, Princiotta SM, Rushin CA and Valeri CR: Size dependent platelet subpopulations: Relationship of platelet volume to ultrastructure, enzymatic activity, and function. Technical Report 83-08.
41. Thompson CB, Quinn P, Valeri CR and Catsimpoolas N: Sedimentation behavior of activated human granulocytes: Aggregation and volume effects. Technical Report 83-09.
42. Catsimpoolas N, Perilli-Palmer B, Griffith AL and Valeri CR: A microaffinity assay for plasma fibronectin. Technical Report 83-10.
43. Thompson CB, Galli RL, Melaragno AJ and Valeri CR: The relationship between erythrocyte volume and cell age in humans and baboons. Technical Report 83-11.
44. Weiblen BJ, DeBell K, Giorgio A and Valeri CR: Monoclonal antibody testing of lymphocytes after overnight storage. Technical Report 83-12.
45. Roy AJ, Melaragno AJ, Gray AD, Dittmer J, Lavigne LT and Valeri CR: The collection, purification, and cryopreservation of canine peripheral blood mononuclear cells obtained as a by-product of platelet apheresis procedures. Technical Report 83-13.
46. Serrallach EN, Dennis RC, Rushin C, Hay J, Klein M, Gillespie WJ, Emerson CP, and Valeri CR: Hematologic and biochemical data on healthy individuals participating in a physical conditioning program. Technical Report 83-14.
47. Ziegelstein RC, Holden S, Horland AA, Altschule MD and Valeri CR: Inhibition of baboon marrow CFU-GEMM, CFU-GM, BFU-E and CFU-E by adrenochrome, an epinephrine metabolite. Technical Report 83-15.
48. Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ, Costa JL, Shepro D and Valeri CR: In vitro testing of fresh and preserved human platelets by using thrombin-induced release of 14-C-serotonin and electron dense body distribution. Technical Report 84-01.
49. Weiblen BJ, Overholtzer J, Roy A, Gray A, Carciero R and Valeri CR: Collection, isolation, cryopreservation, and in vivo distribution of baboon monocytes obtained as a byproduct of plateletpheresis. Technical Report 84-02.
50. Melaragno AJ, Gray A, Mostacci J, Talarico L, Weintraub L and Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of human platelets using 6% DMSO and storage at -80 C - Effects of storage at -80 C for 2 years and of transportation in dry ice. Technical Report 84-03.
51. Weiblen BJ, Vecchione JJ, Melaragno AJ and Valeri CR: In vivo circulation and distribution of autologous 111-Indium-labeled baboon granulocytes. Technical Report 84-04.
52. Valeri CR, Landrock RD, Pivacek LE, Gray AD, Fink JG and Szymanski IO: Quantitative differential agglutination method using the Coulter Counter to measure survival of compatible but identifiable red blood cells. Technical Report 84-05.
53. Griffith AL, Catsimpoolas N, Bellini L and Valeri CR: Effect of fibronectin and of human plasma products on the phagocytic activity of peritoneal macrophages in vitro. Technical Report 84-06.
54. Valeri CR, Donahue K, Feingold HM, Cassidy GP and Altschule MD: Increase in plasma volume following the transfusion of washed red cells. Technical Report 84-07.
55. Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of human platelets, bone marrow and peripheral blood totipotential mononuclear stem cells. Technical Report 84-08.
Men's Tennessee Titans Majestic Light Blue Critical Victory T-Shirt,Women's Denver Broncos Nike Orange Wordmark T-Shirt,Women's Miami Dolphins Pro Line Gray Laguna Cowl Neck Pullover Hoodie Cheap Green Bay Packers Jerseys.Green Bay Packers 16oz Green Bay Packers Fans Jerseys Sale. Plastic Color Pint Glass,vip wholesale jerseys,cheap nfl accessories xenoverse,Indianapolis Colts Sacked Lunchbox.Women's San Diego Chargers Klew Navy Jogger Pants,Indianapolis Colts Small Over Large Mega License Plate Frame,Youth Seattle Seahawks College Navy Home Turf Pullover Hoodie.Men's Atlanta Falcons Nike Red Legend Icon Performance T-Shirt,Men's Carolina Panthers Repeat Bow Tie,Pro Line New Orleans Saints Ridgeline Puff Quilted Full Zip Jacket - Charcoal Green Bay Packers Jerseys Sale.Women's Dallas Cowboys Pro Line Gray Taber Hooded Jacket,Men's San Diego Chargers Junior Seau Majestic Navy Blue Hall of Fame Eligible Receiver II Name & Number T-Shirt,Men's Miami Dolphins Majestic Orange Critical Victory II T-Shirt.Men's Seattle Seahawks New Era Navy Super Bowl XLVIII On The Fifty Jumbo Vize Original Fit 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat,Women's Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Nike Red Patch Game Jersey.Youth Tennessee Titans Bishop Sankey Nike Navy Blue Alternate Game Jersey,Women's Atlanta Falcons 5th & Ocean by New Era Gray/Red Slub V-Notch Scoop T-Shirt Nike Green Bay Packers Youth Jerseys.Men's Indianapolis Colts Nike Royal Blue Local Legend Verbiage Performance T-Shirt,Women's Seattle Seahawks Klew College Navy/Neon Green Big Logo V-Neck Ugly Sweater
56. Szymanski IO, Odgren PR and Valeri CR: Relationship between the third component of human complement (C3) bound to stored preserved erythrocytes and their viability in vivo. Technical Report 84-09.
57. Vogel WM, Dennis RC, Cassidy G, Apstein CS and Valeri CR: Coronary vasoconstrictor effect of stroma-free hemoglobin solutions. Technical Report 84-10.
58. Valeri CR: Use of blood components in the management of trauma. Technical Report 84-11.
59. Valeri CR: Clinical importance of the oxygen transport function of preserved red blood cells. Technical Report 84-12.
60. Catsimpoolas, N, Riordan W, Cassidy G and Valeri CR: Filterability of fresh and cryopreserved human red blood cells. Technical Report 84-13.
61. Carciero R and Valeri CR: Isolation of mononuclear leukocytes in a plastic bag system using ficoll-hypaque. Technical Report 84-14.
62. Melaragno AJ, Carciero R, Feingold H, Talarico L, Weintraub L and Valeri CR: Cryopreservation of human platelets using 6% DMSO and storage at -80 C - Effects of storage at -80 C for 3 years and of transportation in dry ice. Technical Report 84-15.
63. Feingold HM, Melaragno AJ and Valeri CR: In vitro aggregation patterns of fresh, liquid-preserved, and cryopreserved human platelets measured using single and dual aggregating agents. Technical Report 84-16.
64. Feingold HM, Valencuk S, Melaragno AJ and Valeri CR: Coagulation assays and platelet aggregation patterns in human, baboon, and dog blood. Technical Report 84-17.
65. Roy AJ, Melaragno AJ, Dittmer J and Valeri CR: Isolation of canine peripheral blood mononuclear cells by repetitive plateletpheresis procedures in the Haemonetics Blood Cell Separator 30. Technical Report 84-18.
66. Valeri CR, Melaragno AJ, Dittmer J, Roy AJ, Vecchione JJ, Cassidy GP, Gray AD and Carciero RE: Bone marrow reconstitution of lethally irradiated beagles by treatment with autologous previously frozen bone marrow or peripheral blood mononuclear cells obtained as a byproduct of plateletpheresis. Technical Report 85-01.
67. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Melaragno AJ and Vecchione JJ: Cryopreservation of dog platelets with dimethylsulfoxide: Therapeutic effectiveness of autologous cryopreserved platelets in the treatment of thrombocytopenic dogs, and the effect of platelet storage at -80 C. Technical Report 85-02.
68. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Ragno G, Dennis RC, Palter M, Yeston N Emerson CP and Altschule MD: A clinical experience with ADSOL-preserved red blood cells. Technical Report 85-03.
69. Horland AA, Ziegelstein R, Carciero RE and Valeri CR: Comparison of human and baboon bone marrow mononuclear cells in CFU-GEMM tissue culture system. Technical Report 85-04.
70. Crowley JP, Dennis RC, Pivacek LE, Metzger J, Carvalho A and Valeri CR: The effects of granulocytopenia on the early phase of canine septic shock. Technical Report 85-05.
71. Valeri CR, Feingold H, Cassidy G, Ragno G, Khuri S and Altschule MD: Hypothermia-induced reversible platelet dysfunction. Technical Report 85-06.
72. Eldrup-Jorgensen J, Connolly RJ, Mackey WC, Ramberg K, O'Donnell TF, Valeri CR and Callow AD: Antiplatelet therapy and vascular grafts: Studies in a baboon ex vivo shunt. Technical Report 85-07.
73. Valeri CR, Gray A, Ragno G and Kurtz SR: Evaluation of the Quick Blood Count (QBC) system. Technical Report 85-08.
74. Valeri CR, Cassidy G, Collings L and Ragno G: Evaluation of the Sterimatics-30 system for preparing sterile, pyrogen-free water; lactated Ringer's resuscitative fluid; intravenous sodium chloride solution; and sodium chloride-glucose-phosphate solution used in the deglyceroliation of human red cells frozen with 40% W/V glycerol (February 1984-September 1985). Technical Report 86-01.
75. Valeri CR, Ragno G, Gray AD and Horland AA: Cryopreservation of mononuclear cells isolated from the peripheral blood of human volunteers: Effects of the cryoprotectant solution (10% DMSO-plasma or 5% DMSO-6% HES-4% HSA), the rate of freezing (1 C/minute or 2-4C/minute), and the temperature of storage in the frozen state (-80 C or -150 C) for 3 months, on the in vitro recovery of mononuclear cells and their growth in the CFU-GEMM tissue culture assay. Technical Report 86-02.
76. Sawka MN, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ, Muza SR, Martin JW, Wenger CB, Francesconi RP, K.B. Pandolf, and Valeri CR: Influence of polycythemia on blood volume and thermoregulation during exercise-heat stress. Technical Report 86-03.
77. Crowley JP, Dennis RC, Pivacek L, Metzger J, Carvalho A and Valeri CR: The effects of granulocytopenia on canine septic shock. Technical Report 86-04.
78. Valeri CR: Cryobiology of the formed elements of human blood. Technical Report 86-05.
79. Lieberthal W, Vasilevsky ML, Valeri CR, and Levinsky NG: Interactions between ADH and prostaglandins in the isolated erythrocyte perfused rat kidney. Technical Report 86-06.
80. Vogel WM, Hsia C, Briggs LL, Er SS, Cassidy G, Apstein CS and Valeri CR: Reduced coronary vasoconstrictor activity of hemoglobin solutions purified by ATP-agarose affinity chromatography. Technical Report 86-07.
81. Franco RS, Weiner M, Wagner K, Martelo OJ, Ragno G, Pivacek LE, and Valeri CR: The 24-hour posttransfusion survival and lifespan of autologous baboon red cells treated with IHP-PEG and IHP-ATP-PEG to decrease the red cell affinity for oxygen. Technical Report 86-08.
82. Hirsch EF, Bigatello LM, LaMorte WW, Loda M, Vezina RM, Corbett S Feldman Mnd Valeri CR: The effects of whole body irradiation on oxygen affinity of hemoglobin. Technical Report 86-09.
83. Bigatello LM, Hirsch EF. McFarland WM, Neuringer LG, and Valeri CR: Phosphorus depletion in blood and tissue following whole body irradiation. Technical Report 86-10.
84. Ziegelstein R, Horland AA, Ragno G, Cassidy R, Altschule MD and Valeri CR: The effect of adrenochrome on human and baboon bone marrow CFU-GEMM and CFU-E tissue culture assays. Technical Report 86-11.
85. Valeri CR, Carciero R, Wood ML, Bern M, Wallach S, and Monaco A: Comparison of fresh and cryopreserved pluripotential mononuclear cells isolated from the bone marrow and peripheral blood of patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia. Technical Report 86-12.
86. Moore FD Jr, K.G. Warner, S. Assousa, Valeri CR, and Khuri SF: The harmful effects of complement activation during cardiopulmonary bypass: Attenuation by hypothermia, heparin, and hemodilution. Technical Report 86-13.
87. Hechtman HB, Valeri CR and Shepro D: Vasoactive agents in the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). Technical Report 86-14.
88. Valeri CR: Blood and blood product substitutes. Technical Report 86-15.
89. Dennis RC, Emerson CP, Dobnik D, Berger RL, McCormick J, Pivacek L, Leavy M and Valeri CR: The effects of 2,3 DPG-enriched red cells and crystalloid-cardioplegic solution during hypothermic extracorporeal bypass on myocardial function. Technical Report 87-01.
90. Vogel WM, Lieberthal W, Apstein CS, Levinsky N and Valeri CR: Effects of stroma-free hemoglobin solutions on isolated perfused rabbit hearts and isolated perfused rat kidneys. Technical Report 87-02.
91. Lieberthal W, Rennke HG, Sandock KM, Valeri CR and Levinsky NG: Ischemia in the isolated erythrocyte perfused rat kidney: Protective effect of hypothermia. Technical Report 87-03.
92. Lieberthal W, Wolf EF, Merrill EW, Levinsky NG and Valeri CR: Hemodynamic effects of stroma-free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney. Technical Report 87-04.
93. Lieberthal W, Wolf EF, Valeri CR and Levinsky NG: Renal ischemia and reperfusion impairs endothelium-dependent relaxation. Technical Report 87-05.
94. Khuri SF, Valeri CR, Assousa SN, Josa M, Warner KG, Butler M, Ragno G and Silverman A: A new mechanism for platelet dysfunction following cardiopulmonary bypass. Technical Report 87-06.
95. Francesconi RP, Sawka MN, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Young AJ and Valeri CR: Autologous red blood cell reinfusion: Effects of stress and fluid regulatory hormones during exercise-heat stress. Technical Report 87-07.
96. Muza SR, Sawka MN, Young AJ, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Martin JW, Pandolf KB and Valeri CR: Elite special forces: Physiological description and ergogenic influence of blood reinfusion. Technical Report 87-08.
97. O'Murchadha, M., Horland AA, Neiman R and Valeri CR: The morphology of cells grown in the CFU-GEMM tissue culture assay from mononuclear cells obtained from peripheral blood and bone marrow of normal volunteers. Technical Report 87-09.
98. Blumenstock FA, Valeri CR, Saba TM, Cho E and Melaragno AJ: Progressive loss of fibronectin mediated opsonic activity in plasma cryoprecipitate with storage. Technical Report 87-10.
99. Smith JM, Clancy EA. Valeri CR, Ruskin JN and Cohen RJ: Electrical alternans and cardiac electrical stability. Technical Report 87-11.
100. Stephens GW, Lieberthal W, Oza NB, Valeri CR, and Levinsky NG: Vasopressin stimulates urinary kallikrein excretion in the isolated rat kidney. Technical Report 87-12.
101. Dittmer JE, Prusty S, Pivacek LE and Valeri CR: Successful bone marrow transplantation across the major histocompatibility complex in mice without GVHD. Technical Report 87-13.
102. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Ragno G, Melaragno AJ and Vecchione JJ: The circulation, distribution, and function of baboon platelets isolated by serial centrifugation (non-elutriated) and by serial centrifugation followed by counterflow centrifugation (elutriated): In vitro labeling of platelets with III-In and 51-Cr and in vivo survival and function of all the platelets, large platelets, and small platelets. Technical Report 87-14.
103. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Gray AD, Szuflad P, Cassidy G, Leavy ME, Niehoff J, Dennis RC, Yeston N, Emerson CP and Altschule MD: The safety and therapeutic effectiveness of human red cells frozen with 40 to 45% W/V glycerol and stored at -80 C for as long as 21 years. Technical Report 88-01.
104. Wright JG, Fox D, Kerr JC, Valeri CR and Hobson RW II: Rate of reperfusion blood flow modulates reperfusion injury in skeletal muscle. Technical Report 88-02.
105. Wright JG, Kerr JC, Valeri CR and Hobson RW II: Regional hypothermia protects against ischemia-reperfusion injury in isolated canine gracilis muscle. Technical Report 88-03.
106. Valeri CR, Gray A, Ragno G, Pivacek L, Smith A and Jarrett R: The assessment of the biocompatibility of the Biospecific Technologies, Inc. extracorporeal devices with whole blood. Technical Report 88-04.
107. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Pivacek L, Dennis RC, and Valeri CR: The effects of plasma administration on gram negative shock in granulocytopenic dogs. Technical Report 88-05.
108. Hirsch EF, Vezina RM, Corbett SC, LaMorte WW and Valeri CR: Blood inorganic phosphorus levels, red cell ATP and 2,3 DPG levels, and phosphorus balance, in rats following total body irradiation. Technical Report 88-06.
109. Fischer E, Heeren T, Colton T, Spatz EL, Walker MD, Ropper A, Rosner B, Altschule MD and Valeri CR: Early medical treatment of severe head trauma. Technical Report 88-07.
110. DelGuercio C, Niehoff J, Palter M, LaMorte W, Dennis RC, Yeston N, Altschule MD and Valeri CR: Estimation of blood volume in the critically ill surgical patient. Technical Report 88-08.
111. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Morel NML, Gray AD, Valeri CR, Eberlein TJ, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: The role of thromboxane in interleukin-2 induced lung injury. Technical Report 88-09.
112. Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Limb ischemia induced increase in permeability is mediated by leukocytes and leukotrienes. Technical Report 88-10.
113. Klausner JM, Anner H, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Lower torso ischemia induced lung injury is leukocyte dependent. Technical Report 88-11.
114. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Dennis RC, Gonzalez RR, Pandolf KB and Valeri CR: Human intravascular immunoglobin responses to exercise-heat and hypohydration. Technical Report 88-12.
115. Valeri CR: Frozen red blood cells. Technical Report 88-13.
116. Valeri CR: Physiology of blood transfusion. Technical Report 89-01.
117. Lieberthal W, Vogel WM, Apstein CS and Valeri CR: Studies of the mechanism of the vasoconstrictor activity of stroma-free hemoglobin in the isolated perfused rat kidney and rabbit heart. Technical Report 89-02.
118. Smith JM, Cassidy G and Valeri CR: Electrical stability in systemic hypothermia: The effect of type 1a anti-arrhythmics. Technical Report 89-03.
119. Lieberthal W, Sheridan A and Valeri CR: Atrial natriuretic factor and mannitol markedly improve glomerular filtration rate following renal ischemia. Technical Report 89-04.
120. Valeri CR: Long term preservation of human red blood cells for military and civilian use. Technical Report 89-05.
121. McKenny, J., Valeri CR, Mohandas N, Fortier N, Giorgio A and Snyder LM: Decreased in vivo survival of hydrogen peroxide damaged baboon red cells. Technical Report 89-06.
122. Gray AD, Akin MT, Perrone JB, McLean RB and Valeri CR: Evaluation of the quick blood count (QBC) method to detect malaria-infected red blood cells. Technical Report 89-07.
123. Valeri CR: Preservation of red blood cells and platelets: Freezing, storage, recovery, and quality. Technical Report 89-08.
124. Valeri CR, Kabbaz K, Khuri SF, Wolfe JA, Marquardt C, Samson R, Ragno G, Feingold H and Gray AD: Effect of skin temperature on platelet function in extracorporeal bypass patients. Technical Report 89-09.
125. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Paterson IS, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Ischemia induced neutrophil activation and diapedesis is lipoxygenase dependent. Technical Report 89-10.
126. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Ischemia activates neutrophils but inhibits their local and remote diapedesis. Technical Report 89-11.
127. Isolation, purification, freezing, thawing, washing, and resuspension of mononuclear cells isolated from bone marrow and from peripheral blood. Technical Report 89-12.
128. Crowley JP, Valeri CR, Metzger JB, Pono L and Chazan JA: Lymphocyte subpopulations in long-term dialysis patient: A case controlled study of the effects of blood transfusion. Technical Report 89-13.1990 - 1997
129. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Gray A, Merrill E and Valeri CR: The disposable porous bed viscometer: A new method for measuring blood viscosity. Technical Report 90-01.
130. Crowley JP, Valeri CR and Chazan J: Myocardial infarction and transfusion requirements in transfusion dependent anemic patients. Technical Report 90-02.
131. Faris PM, Ritter MA, Keating EM and Valeri CR: An experience using postoperatively collected orthopaedic nonwashed filtered shed blood obtained from knees and hips as a source of autologous red blood cells. Technical Report 90-03.
132. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Pivacek L and Valeri CR: The effect of red blood cell transfusion on acute bacteremia in dogs. Technical Report 90-04.
133. Fisher JB, Dennis RC, Valeri CR, Woodson J, Doyle JE, Walsh LM, Pivacek L, Giorgio A and LaMorte WW: Effect of graft material on red blood cell loss following aortic surgery. Technical Report 90-05.
134. Welbourn R, Goldman G, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Hechtman HB and Shepro D: Attenuation of Il-2 induced multi-system organ edema by phalloidin and antamanide. Technical Report 90-06.
135. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Leukotriene B4 and thromboxane A2 are essential cofactors in CD 18 dependent neutrophil diapedesis. Technical Report 90-07.
136. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Synergism between leukotriene B4 and thromboxane A2 in mediating acid aspiration injury. Technical Report 90-08.
137. Khuri SF, Josa M, Axford TC, Assousa D, Ragno G, Patel M, Silverman A and Valeri CR: Hematologic changes during and following cardiopulmonary bypass and their relationship to non-surgical blood loss. I. Platelet function and the bleeding time. Technical Report 90-09.
138. Khuri SF, Wolfe JA, Szymanski IO, Axford TC, Ragno G, Park M and Valeri CR: Hematologic changes during and following cardiopulmonary bypass and their relationship to non-surgical blood loss. II. Oncotic, opsonic, and clotting proteins. Technical Report 90-10.
139. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Pandolf KB, Dennis RC and Valeri CR: Erythrocyte, plasma and blood volume of healthy young men: Relationships to body size and aerobic fitness. Technical Report 90-11.
140. Pivacek LE, Gray AD, Halle D, Kessler A, Morse DS and Valeri CR: The function of fresh and cryopreserved monocytes assessed by release of 51-Cr radioactivity from human red blood cells coated with antibody. Technical Report 91-01.
141. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Paterson IS, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Ischemia activates neutrophils but inhibits their local and remote diapedesis. Technical Report 91-02.
142. Goldman, G., Welbourn R, Paterson IS, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Ischemia induced neutrophil activation and diapedesis is lipoxygenase dependent. Technical Report 91-03.
143. Goldman G, Welbourn R, Klausner JM, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Leukocytes mediate acid aspiration induced multi-organ injury. Technical Report 91-04.
144. Goldman, G., Welbourn R, Kobzik L, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Lavage of leukotriene B4 induces lung generation of tumor necrosis factor-a and neutrophil diapedesis. Technical Report 91-05.
145. Welbourn, R, Goldman G, Paterson IS, Valeri CR, Shepro D and Hechtman HB: Ischaemia-reperfusion injury: Pathophysiology and treatment. Technical Report 91-06.
146. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Gray A and Erban M: Effects of temperature, length of frozen storage, and the freezing container on the quality of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Technical Report 91-07.
147. Valeri CR, Ichikura T, Pivacek LE, Prusty S and Dittmer J: Posttransfusion survival and distribution of 51-Cr labeled fresh and liquid preserved syngeneic mouse red blood cells. Technical Report 91-08.
148. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Cassidy G and Gray A: The effects of the infusion of stroma-free hemoglobin into dogs with spleens. Technical Report 91-09.
149. Blevins F, Shaw B, Valeri CR, Kasser J, Crawford G and Hall J: Reinfusion of shed blood following pediatric orthopaedic surgery. Technical Report 91-10.
150. Axford TC, Dearani J, Khait I, Khuri SF and Valeri CR: On-line metabolic monitoring of tissue ischemia. Technical Report 91-11.
151. Lieberthal W, McGarry AE, Sheils J and C.R. Valeri: Nitric oxide inhibition in the rat improves blood pressure and renal function during hypovolemic shock. Technical Report 91-12.
152. Valeri CR, Ichikura T, Pivacek LE, Giorgio A, Prusty S and Dittmer J: Intravascular circulation and distribution of human 51Cr-DBBF stroma-free hemoglobin, 51Cr-plasma, 51Cr-saline, 59Fe-plasma, and 125I-albumin in the mouse. Technical Report 91-13.
153. Valeri CR, MacGregor H, Cassidy G, Tinney R, and Pompeii F: The effects of temperature on bleeding time and clotting time in normal volunteers. Technical Report 91-14.
154. Michelson AD, MacGregor H, Kestin A, Barnard MR, Rohrer MJ and Valeri CR: Reversible hypothermia-induced inhibition of human platelet activation in whole blood in vitro and in vivo. Technical Report 92-01.
155. Axford TC, Dearani JA, Ragno G, MacGregor H, Patel MA, Valeri CR and Khuri SF: The safety and therapeutic effectiveness of nonwashed mediastinal shed blood reinfused into patients following open heart surgery. Technical Report 92-02.
156. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Siebens H and M.D. Altschule: Red blood cell volume, plasma volume and total blood volume in healthy elderly men and women aged 64 to 100. Technical Report 92-03.
157. McKenney JB, Valeri CR, Giorgio A, Ragno G, Trainor J, Fortier N, B Woda B and L.M. Snyder: The effects of oxidative damage on in vivo aging, density, and survival of baboon red blood cells. Technical Report 92-04.
158. Valeri CR, Pivacek LE, Giorgio A, Ragno G and Gray A: Effects of storage of CPD-ADSOL red cells at 4 C for as long as 49 days, biochemical modification, freeze preservation, and post-wash storage at 4 C for 24 hours. Technical Report 92-05.
159. Kestin AS, Valeri CR, Khuri SF, Loscalzo J, Ellis PA, MacGregor H, Birjiniuk V, Ouimet H, Pasche B, Giombetti MJ, Benoit SE, Rodino LJ, Barnard MR and Michelson AD: The platelet function defect of cardiopulmonary bypass. Technical Report 92-06.
160. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Gray A, Pivacek LE, Cassidy G and Valeri CR: Infusion of stroma-free cross linked hemoglobin during acute-gram negative bacteremia. Technical Report 92-07.
161. Healy WL, Hallack G, Ragno G, Hansson M and Valeri CR: Safety and efficacy of unwashed filtered wound drainage blood reinfused following orthopaedic surgery. Technical Report 92-08.
162. Rosenblatt MS, Hirsch EF and Valeri CR: Frozen red blood cells in combat casualty care: Clinical and logistic considerations. Technical Report 92-09.
163. Crowley JP, Chazan JA, Metzger JB, Pono L and Valeri CR: Erythropoietin in renal failure: Blood rheology and 2,3-DPG levels. Technical Report 92-10.
164. Khuri SF, Michelson AD, and Valeri CR: The effects of cardiopulmonary bypass on hemostasis. Technical Report 93-01.
165. Morse DS, Giorgio A, Cassidy G Dennis RC and Valeri CR: Infusion of autologous lysed plasma into the baboon: Assessment of coagulation, platelet, and pulmonary function. Technical Report 93-02.
166. Valeri CR, Ragno G and Healy WL: Safety and efficacy of unwashed filtered wound drainage blood reinfused following orthopaedic surgery. Technical Report 93-03.
167. Martin D, Garcia J, Lim C, Doursounian M, Valeri CR and Khuri SF: The effects of normothermic and hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass upon defibrillation energy requirements and transmyocardial impedance. Technical Report 93-04.
168. Vogel WM, Cassidy G, Apstein CS and Valeri CR: Effects of spontaneous hemolysis, purified, and chemically modified hemoglobin on endothelium-dependent vasodilation and baseline coronary hindrance in rabbit hearts perfused with and without red cells. Technical Report 93-05.
169. Crowley JP, Metzger J, Assaf A, Carleton RC, Merrill E and Valeri CR: High and low density lipoprotein cholesterol in relation to whole blood viscosity. Technical Report 93-06.
170. Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Hypothermia and platelet dysfunction. Technical Report 93-07.
171. Valeri CR, Dittmer J, Ichikura T, Qu H, Pivacek LE, Prusty S, Jeong N and Fairbrother D: Effects of syngeneic fresh and liquid preserved red blood cells on primary and metastatic growth of the Lewis Lung carcinoma in mice. Technical Report 93-08.
172. Thompson A, McGarry AE, Valeri CR and Lieberthal E: Effects of unmodified and cross-linked stroma free hemoglobin solutions on blood pressure and renal function in the hypotensive rat. Technical Report 93-09.
173. Mitchell JD, Lee R, Hodakowski GT, Neya K, Harringer E, Valeri CR and Vlahakes G: Prevention of postoperative pericardial adhesions with a hyaluronic acid coating solution: Experimental safety and efficacy studies. Technical Report 93-10.
174. Thompson A, McGarry AE, Valeri CR and Lieberthal W: Effects of stroma free hemoglobin on blood pressure and renal function in the hypotensive rat: Potential role of nitric oxide inactivation by hemoglobin. Technical Report 94-01.
175. Kiefer CR, Trainor JF, McKenney JB, Valeri CR and Snyder LM: Hemoglobin-spectrin complexes: Interference with spectrin tetramer assembly as a mechanism for compartmentalization of band 1 and 2 complexes. Technical Report 94-02.
176. Fast LD, Valeri CR and Crowley JP: Immune responses to MHC homozygous lymphoid cells in murine F1 hybrid recipients: Implications for transfusion associated graft-versus-host disease. Technical Report 94-03.
177. Valeri CR: Extension of post-thaw-wash storage of glycerol-frozen red blood cells at 4 C in 0.9% sodium chloride-0.2% glucose solution. Technical Report 94-04.
178. Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Hypothermia and platelet dysfunction. Technical Report 94-05.
179. Lieberthal W, Thompson A and Valeri CR: Role of NO in the regulation of systemic and renal hemodynamics following hemorrhagic shock in the rat. Technical Report 94-06.
180. Valeri, CR: Final inspection of lactated Ringer's resuscitation fluid, intravenous sodium chloride solution, and sodium chloride-glucose solution used in the deglycerolization of human red cells frozen with 40% W/V glycerol, produced by the Sterimatics EDM REFLUPS system and stored for 8 months to 2.3 years. Technical Report 94-07.
181. Valeri, CR: Chemical composition of lactated Ringer's resuscitation fluid, intravenous sodium chloride solution, and sodium chloride-glucose solution used in the deglycerolization of human red cells frozen with 40% W/V glycerol, produced by the Sterimatics EDM REFLUPS system. Technical Report 94-08.
182. Rosenblatt MS, Valeri CR, Merrill EW, Crowley JP and LoGerfo FW: Whole blood viscosity in individuals with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: Exploring the role of the porous bed viscometer. Technical Report 94-09.
183. Thompson A, Valeri CR and Lieberthal W: Endothelin receptor A blockade alters the hemodynamic response to nitric oxide inhibition in the rat. Technical Report 94-10.
184. Crowley JP, Metzger JB and Valeri CR: Bleeding time, volume of shed blood collected at the bleeding time site, and the peripheral venous hematocrit. Technical Report 95-01.
185. Young AJ, Sawka MN, Muza SR, Boushel R, Lyons T, Rock PB, Freund BJ, Waters R, Cymerman A, Pandolf KB and Valeri CR: Autologous erythrocyte infusion may not attenuate the decrement in VO2max at high altitude. Technical Report 95-02.
186. Pandolf KB, Young AJ, Sawka MN, Kenney JL, Sharp MW, Cote RR, Freund BJ and Valeri CR: Does erythrocyte infusion improve two-mile run performance at high altitude? Technical Report 95-03.
187. Michelson AD, Barnard MR, Hechtman HB, MacGregor H, Connolly RJ and Valeri CR: In vivo tracking of platelets: Circulating degranulated platelets rapidly lose surface P-selectin but continue to circulate and function. Technical Report 95-04.
188. Freedman JE, Loscalzo J, Benoit SE, Valeri CR, Barnard MR and Michelson AD: Decreased platelet inhibition by nitric oxide in two brothers with a history of arterial thrombosis. Technical Report 95-05.
189. Khuri SF, Valeri CR, Loscalzo J, Weinstein M, Birjiniuk V, Healey NA, MacGregor H, Doursounian M and Zolkewitz MA: Heparin causes platelet dysfunction and induces fibrinolysis before the institution of cardiopulmonary bypass. Technical Report 95-06.
190. Upchurch GR Jr, Valeri CR, Khuri SF, Rohrer MJ, Welch GN, MacGregor H, Ragno G, Francis S, Rodino LJ, Michelson AD and Loscalzo J: The effect of heparin on fibrinolytic activity and platelet function. Technical Report 95-07.
191. Waugh RE, McKenney J, Bauserman RG, Brooks DM, Valeri CR and Snyder LM: Surface area and volume changes during maturation of reticulocytes in the circulation of the baboon. Technical Report 95-08.
192. Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Effects of liquid storage and cryopreservation on platelet surface glycoproteins, light scatter, and procoagulant activity. Technical Report 96-01.
193. Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Comparison of fresh, liquid-preserved, and cryopreserved platelets: Changes in thromboxane A2 production, adhesive surface receptors, and membrane procoagulant activity. Technical Report 96-02.
194. Morse DS, Cassidy GP, Giorgio G and Valeri CR: Infusion of autologous lysed plasma into the baboon: Assessment of coagulation, platelet, and pulmonary function. Technical Report 96-03.
195. Montain SJ, Sawka MN, Latzka W and Valeri CR: Thermal and cardiovascular strain from hypohydration: Influence of exercise intensity. Technical Report 96-04.
196. Sawka MN, Young AJ, Rock PB, Lyons TP, Boushel R, Freund BJ, Muza SR, Cymerman A, Dennis RC, Pandolf KB and Valeri CR: Altitude acclimatization and blood volume: Effects of exogenous erythrocyte volume expansion. Technical Report 96-05.
197. Vander Salm TJ, Kaur S, Lancey RA, Okike ON, Pezzella AT, Stahl RF, Leone L, Li J-M, Valeri CR and Michelson AD: Reduction in bleeding after heart operations with the use of prophylactic epsilon-aminocaproic acid. Technical Report 96-06.
198. Furman MI, Benoit SE, Valeri CR, Borbone ML, Becker RC, Hechtman HB and Michelson AD: Increased platelet reactivity and circulating monocyte-platelet aggregates in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Technical Report 96-07.
199. Valeri CR: Clinical safety of dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) as a platelet cryopreservative (1971-1988). Technical Report 96-08.
200. Valeri CR, Crowley JP and Loscalzo J: The red blood cell transfusion trigger: Has the sin of commission now become a sin of omission? Technical Report 97-01.
201. Barnard MR, MacGregor H, Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Effects of white cell filtration, ACD concentration and rotation during collection, storage, and cryopreservation of platelet concentrates. Technical Report 97-02.
202. Khuri SF, Michelson AD and Valeri CR: Effects of cardiopulmonary bypass on hemostasis. Technical Report 97-03.
203. Lieberthal W, Fuhro R, Freedman JE, Toolan G, Loscalzo J and Valeri CR: o-Raffinose crosslinking substantially ameliorates the vasoconstrictive and nitric-oxide-inactivating effects of unmodified human hemoglobin in the rat. Technical Report 97-04.
204. Valeri CR, Ragno G, MacGregor H and Pivacek LE:The effect of disinfection on viability and function of baboon red blood cells and platelets. Technical Report 97-05.
205. Crowley JP, Metzger JB and Valeri CR: The volume of blood shed during the bleeding time correlates with the peripheral venous hematocrit. Technical Report 97-06.
206. Michelson AD, Barnard MR, Khuri SF, Rohrer MJ, MacGregor H and Valeri CR. The effects of aspirin and hypothermia on platelet function in vivo. Technical Report 97-07.
207. Standard Operating Procedure Manual. Red blood cells collected in the CPDA-1 800 ml primary PVC plastic bag collection system and stored for 3 to 6 days prior to glycerolization in the primary 800 ml bag using 40% W/V glycerol and storage at -80 C, washed in the Haemonetics Blood Processor 115, and stored at 4 C for up to 24 hours prior to transfusion. Technical Report 97-08.
208. Standard Operating Procedure Manual. Red blood cells collected in the CPDA-1 800 ml primary PVC plastic bag collection system and stored for 3 to 6 days (indated-rejuvenated red cells) or for 36 to 38 days (outdated-rejuvenated red cells), biochemically modified with Rejuvesol solution prior to glycerolization in the primary 800 ml bag using 40% W/V glycerol and storage at -80 C, washed in the Haemonetics Blood Processor 115, and stored at 4 C for up to 24 hours prior to transfusion. Technical Report 97-09.
209. Standard Operating Procedure Manual. Rejuvenation and freezing of additive-preserved red blood cells in the 1000 ml-600 ml special freezing bag system stored for up to 42 days at 4 C prior to rejuvenation and glycerolization using 40% W/V glycerol and storage at -80 C, washed in the Haemonetics Blood Processor 115, and stored at 4 C for up to 24 hours prior to transfusion. Technical Report 97-10.
210. Standard Operating Procedure Manual. Freezing baboon red blood cells in the original 800 ml polyvinylchloride plastic bag with 40% W/V glycerol and storage at -80 C and deglycerolization using the IBM-Cobe Blood Processor 2991. Technical Report 97-11.2003 - Present
211. Valeri CR, Ragno G. The 24-hour posttransfusion survivals of baboon and human RBC preserved in an identical manner. Technical Report 03-01
212. Valeri CR, Pechet T, MacGregor H, Ragno G, Barnard M, Cassidy, G, Hechtman HB. The effect of isosorbide mononitrate on bleeding time and blood flow to the upper extremity. Technical Report 04-01.
213. Valeri CR, Barnard MB, Pivacek LE, Ragno G, MacGregor H, McCarter S, Michelson AM, Summaria L. A. Biotin-X-NHS and 111-In-oxine labeling in vitro of human and baboon platelets; B. Survival and function of Biotin-X-NHS and 111-In-oxine labeled autologous lyophilized reconstituted baboon platelets transfused into aspirin-treated baboons. Technical Report 04-02.
214. Valeri CR, Ragno G. In vitro testing of platelets using the thromboelastogram, platelet function analyzer, and the clot signature analyzer to predict the bleeding time. Technical Report 04-03.
2005 Naval Blood Research Laboratory